PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

How to add More Rows in this LIST INPUT or replace input to textarea

1. Screenshoot: http://www.diigo.com/item/image/1p4yt/qxma?size=o

How to add More Rows in this LIST INPUT? or how to change this:

<input type='text' name='input_6[]' value='' tabindex='10'/>

to

<textarea rows="8" type='text' name='input_6[]' value='' tabindex='10' ></textarea>

Can edit any file in Gravity Forms Plugin Folder?

Posted 11 years ago on Monday November 26, 2012 | Permalink
  2. Please post a link to your site online. We can't tell much from the screenshot. Please post a URL and tell us exactly what you'd like to increase.

We will never tell you to edit any files in the plugin folder. Modifications to the Gravity Forms files are not supported. There is normally a way to accomplish what you need using hooks or filters.

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday November 27, 2012 | Permalink
  3. HI Chris,

Thanks for you respon, my form is at here . i want to add this input/textarea got two row (more big to fill text)<

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday November 27, 2012 | Permalink
  4. List input fields are either drop downs or single line text, not textarea. If you're trying to add a textarea in your list field, it won't be possible to do that. Is that what you're trying to do?

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday November 29, 2012 | Permalink
  5. If you're trying to add a textarea in your list field, it won't be possible to do that. Is that what you're trying to do?

Yes Chris, im try to add a textarea with 2 rows in my list filed. how to do that? :)

6. Richard Vav
    Administrator

If you are running gravity forms v1.6.9 then you can use a new filter to change the list field input to a text area, check out the following page of the documentation which includes a code sample at the bottom of the page

http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/Gform_column_input_content

7. its working!!!

Thanks so much Chris and richardvav!!

8. Thanks Richard. I missed that one.

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.