PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

How to enable validation messages

1. Hi!

How can I enable validation messages in my form?

In properties, I have selected the Required check box and in Advanced tab, I have entered my validation message.

However, no message is displayed if I try to submit the form which has empty required field.

Any ideas for this?

Cheers,
    Timo

Posted 12 years ago on Monday January 23, 2012 | Permalink
  2. Richard Vav
    Administrator

Hi Timo,

I have had a look and it seems that when you hit submit the error classes aren't being applied to the fields that have failed validation, not sure why just yet, is the validation working when you preview the form in admin.

It is probably a plugin conflict that is causing the problem which you will need to test for by following the instructions in this post http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/Testing_for_a_Theme/Plugin_Conflict

Just one point though it looks like you are using a caching plugin, my first step would be to go into the plugins settings and disable it for the page with the enquiry form on, sometimes they can cause problems with contact forms.

Update: It looks like your form isn't submitting at all which would point to a plugin/theme conflict disrupting the gravity form scripts.

Posted 12 years ago on Monday January 23, 2012 | Permalink
  3. Hi Richard!

It seems that this is an Ajax issue. When I turned the Ajax setting off, the validation started working.

Is this a known issue?

Cheers,
    Timo

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday January 26, 2012 | Permalink