PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

How to implement jQuery code for certain custom calculations?

1. mcwan

Hello,

(first: this is NO question for asking custom code customization)

I have searched hours today for simple examples how to use certain advanced features on the forum, but no luck.

What i need is a simple step by step example of the following, for me it is important how to implement jQuery code since i will have to program some complex calculations. I am still figuring out the jQeury part, but that is not mine problem here for this question.

I know you guys don't do code customization and i understand that, but how to implement the custom code that is what i am expecting to get support for. Ok that was the background.

What i want is the following.

A user has to put in a value, then this value must be validated against a certain number range, once it has been validated, then it will be assigned a percentage which will popup in another field. After that i must use that percentage to apply it to another value which is also a user input. That is the case.

Now i understand that putting above validation/check coding in jQuery might not be as simple as it states. So i don't expect you guys translate that for me in jQuery code, but if you can and it is simple, i would be glad if you could do that also for me.

For explaining this to me you can use your own general code example, even a "hello world" would be ok. The point is, i need to know where/how to add the jQuery code in the form process so that it will respond on the user input field so that i can implement this later once i have programmed mine calculations.

Hope you can help me, since i am stuck right know and need to finish mine project.

Thanks!

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday November 28, 2012 | Permalink
  2. Up, I would also be really interested by the answer.

Posted 10 years ago on Friday June 21, 2013 | Permalink