PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

How to make a Sushi order form

1. Hi,
    I was thinking about making a order form on my website and was wondering if Gravity Forms could do the job?

What I want is a order form with images, description and then a box where you can order the number of that sushi. That would be several rows of information.

Is that possible and how can this be done?

Posted 13 years ago on Saturday December 11, 2010 | Permalink
  2. It would only be possible using the Gravity Forms v1.5 test release which has pricing fields. It could calculate totals, etc. You can download 1.5 from the Downloads page. It adds a new group of fields called Pricing Fields where you can add products, display the Total, etc.

Posted 13 years ago on Monday December 13, 2010 | Permalink
  3. It works great. I'm still testing but can I add images to the products somehow?

4. Currently HTML isn't supported in the Field Label (which is used for the product name). What you can do is place an HTML block above each product and place any HTML/images/etc. in that block.

5. Hi,
    Thanks. Nice that Gravity is so flexible that one can add the image in the html block.
    It would be nicer tough to have HTML in the Field Label so that the image can come before the product instead of above.

Have some feedback on the pricing fields. If you use the Euro currency it is not displayed correctly:
    1. The Euro currency is not displayed correctly. Gravity displays it so: Price: 30,00 €
    It should be either € 30,00 or 30,00 euro.
    2. You can add the field Total in the confirmation message, but in the message it is displayed without the (Euro) currency sign. Not a big problem.

6. The EURO has no 100% standard way to be displayed, it actually varies by country. We did research on this and on most of the online sites we researched they were displaying things with the euro symbol after the value. But as I mentioned it appears that it does vary from country to country. We do plan on making this configurable in the future, but right now it will display at the end.

7. I see the linguistic problem. May I suggest to make it configurable by using the Currency settings. Changing the one euro to Euro (before) figure and Euro (after) figure. Maybe that's easier to change?

I just tried to translate the "Price:" and the "Quantity:" words with POedit. I loaded the old Dutch po file and added the new pot catalog. Then I translated those two words, but they don't get translated...