PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

How to populate a chek on a checkbox field?

1. Hello,

I need to populate a check in a checkbox based on some other data.

Suppose, I have added a checkbox field at field number "67" and I have added only a choice "something" which saves information as field number "67.1". I have checked "dynamically populate field" and gave keyword as "check". Now, I want to populate "check" on the checkbox based on some other information from database.

How can I do this?

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday February 8, 2012 | Permalink
  2. Hi Actsw,

You can populate checkbox fields the same way you populate drop down fields, here is a walk through:

http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/Dynamically_Populating_Drop_Down_Fields

The only difference is you'll want to put placeholder checkboxes in (via the GF form admin) for each potential checkbox or else Gravity Forms won't know to look for the dynamically loaded checkboxes.

Let me know if this does not answer your question.

Posted 12 years ago on Monday February 13, 2012 | Permalink
  3. ptroxler

uh oh, "you'll want to put placeholder checkboxes in (via the GF form admin) for each potential checkbox" .... but I would want the form to dynamically expand as I add more "source" items ... any way to dynamically tell GF how many checkboxes there are by using count($choices) ?

Posted 12 years ago on Monday April 9, 2012 | Permalink
  4. ptroxler

solved with input from http://www.gravityhelp.com/forums/topic/dynamic-checkbox-from-custom-taxonomy

Posted 12 years ago on Monday April 9, 2012 | Permalink
  5. Glad you were able to get this resolved. :)

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday April 10, 2012 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.