PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

HTML in description

1. Hi guys,

I need to include HTML for a link within a description field and am surprised that the HTML is displayed as text so the link doesn't work, although it does within the form preview.

I found this topic: http://forum.gravityhelp.com/topic/additional-field-type-text-only#post-5554 which details how to do this with jQuery but it's not ideal.

Will support for HTML in the description be included in a future version?

Cheers,

James

Posted 13 years ago on Wednesday July 28, 2010 | Permalink
  2. HTML should be supported in the description field of form fields. What form field are you having problems with?

If you are referring to checkbox/radio button/drop down values... no HTML is not supported as a value in a checkbox/radio button or drop down because the label IS the value also and it can disrupt things if we allowed HTML to be used here.

3. Sorry, I meant the label. I got it working now, just need to play around with the CSS to sort out the presentation now.

By the way, that was a really fast reply!

4. Yea, HTML isn't supported in form field labels because labels are used in the Admin for presentation purposes and it can cause issues with the admin UI. We plan on adding the ability to have value/labels for drop down/radio buttons and checkboxes in a future release.

5. Dany

Any Updates,

Posted 12 years ago on Monday October 3, 2011 | Permalink
  6. HTML support was already added for checkbox and radio button choices. It's supported in the choice label. You need to use non-HTML in the choice value.

7. Dany

Thank you for four fast reply, by "You need to use non-HTML in the choice value. " you mean write "non-HTML" in the choice value?

8. Yes, the choice value must not contain HTML. Only the choice label, which is visible to the users, can contain HTML.

9. I'm closing this because it's an old thread and you have already created a new duplicate containing the same issue.

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.