PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

HTML merge Tags Price Vs Unit Price

1. When I select the "All_fields" tag in an email

the pricing table has the product name, qty, unit price and overall price for that row.

I am creating a HTML table that inputs other info from the form into the table

I cant work out what tags in the drop down menu relate to overall price for the row.

When I use "price" it is the unit price not the unit price multiplied buy quantity that is display in the "all fields" pricing table.

I'm guessing this is possible as GF does more complex things than this... or am I missing something... apart from brain cells

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday July 5, 2012 | Permalink
  2. Earth Calling Gravity Come in Gravity!

:)

Posted 11 years ago on Monday July 9, 2012 | Permalink
  3. David Peralty

Is there no total option in your drop down? Can you link to your form? Which version of WordPress and Gravity Forms are you using? Can you also screenshot your notification section so I can see how you are doing things?

Posted 11 years ago on Monday July 9, 2012 | Permalink
  4. ememiks

Hi Joseph i think we need same thing, i want to post query strings like http://www.domain.com/form-page/?product=pills&price=119&qty=1 to HTML block field?

Posted 11 years ago on Friday July 13, 2012 | Permalink
  5. David Peralty

Actually, I think what Joseph needed to do was add a Total field to his Gravity Form and then select the total field in his notifications so he could see the total price (Unit x number of units).

ememiks - Can you give me more information on what you are trying to do?

Posted 11 years ago on Friday July 13, 2012 | Permalink
  6. ememiks

i want to use custom merge tags in HTML field, like the values of product, price, quantity. There are only embed merge tags in HTML "Insert Merge Tags" field.

Posted 11 years ago on Monday July 16, 2012 | Permalink
  7. David Peralty

I am still not understanding what you are looking for. Can you tell me what you are trying to do, maybe giving some examples or details about the end goal? I'm sorry, but I don't want to steer you wrong or just tell you something can't be done that can be done...

Posted 11 years ago on Monday July 16, 2012 | Permalink
  8. Hi David,

I also need to insert merge tags in html code.
    I have a form that collects basic info (name/ phone/ address). By using Gravity forms Extended PDF plugin, I can send a customized PDF of the user's submission to his/her email.

I can add HTML to customize the look and feel of the PDF document, but how can I grab the first and last name of the submission and insert them in the HTML document?

I read that your recent modifications include the addition of this functionality: inserting merge tags in html code. http://www.gravityhelp.com/gravity-forms-v1-6-3-beta-2-released/

"Another enhancement we have made is enabling Gravity Forms merge tag parsing on the HTML field. This will allow you to utilize available merge tags within the content of an HTML field positioned on your form to output global data such as user and post meta within the content of that HTML."

Thank you!

Posted 11 years ago on Saturday September 15, 2012 | Permalink
  9. @pblankl It depends on where the Gravity forms Extended PDF plugin is getting its data and when it is processed. I'm not familiar with that plugin so you may have to contact the plugin author for assistance with that. Wherever you are adding your HTML is probably where you would add the values from you form submission, but I'm not sure. Do you have an example of this functionality working online somewhere now?

The information you quoted is an announcement that the HTML block in the form will be parsed for certain available merge tags (built in WordPress user data and the like.) The HTML you want to customize is different from this.

Posted 11 years ago on Sunday September 16, 2012 | Permalink