PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

HTTP POSTing form data to 3rd party aspx API

1. Hi,

Could you tell me if it's possible to capture data and then POST it to an external API?

We need to collect data and submit it using custom field names to a 3rd party aspx URL.

Many thanks,

Laurie

Posted 13 years ago on Thursday January 20, 2011 | Permalink
  2. Laurie,
    What you will need to do is use the gform_post_submission hook (which fires after the form has been processed), gather the form data and manually POST it to your 3rd party API.

Posted 13 years ago on Friday January 21, 2011 | Permalink
  3. Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Is this a difficult thing to do? I'm by no means a PHP expert - is it something i'm likely to find assistance on in the member forums if i purchase the product? Obviously I don't want to buy a developer license to use this on multiple sites only to find I'm a bit stranded?!

Thanks,

Laurie

4. Sorry - you say 'manually' POST?

Thanks,

Laurie

5. It shouldn't be very difficult, but it will require a few lines of PHP and some patience. I am sure somebody here in the forums will be able to point you in the right direction.

6. Underdog

I am very interested in purchasing the developers option but need to know if there are clear examples or resources for submitting form data to 3rd party via SOAP or HTTP POST? Also, is it possible to send different data depending on the answers to the form questions? Thank you in advance!

Posted 13 years ago on Wednesday February 9, 2011 | Permalink
  7. We don't have examples of using SOAP or HTTP POST. So no, we don't have examples.

We only have examples of the available hooks and filters that Gravity Forms has.

To send data to a 3rd party you would have to use the gform_post_submission hook and write code to send the data to the 3rd party. The gform_post_submission hook has access to all of the field values from the entry that is created from the form. You can then write code to interact with the 3rd party service and send these values to that service.

We have Add-Ons that work with 3rd party services (MailChimp, Campaign Monitor, FreshBooks and PayPal) so you could also look at the code in those Add-Ons (if you have a Developer License) to see how to send data to a 3rd party.

Customizations are just that, customizations. You are responsible for the code. We can provide guidance and suggestions on which hooks to use and provide examples of how to use the hook but ultimately you would have to write the code for the customization.

8. Underdog

OK, this will have to wait then until I purchase to see how this works. At a very minimum I would need to be able to redirect users to a different URL based on their answer to a dropdown field. Is this easily done with Gravity Forms?

Finally, is there paid support to integrate to a 3rd party?

Thanks!

9. Conditional redirects when submitting the form isn't a built in feature but it is a feature we plan on adding.

It is possible to do it now using the available tools. You would create your own PHP page that handles the redirect based on a query string value. You would then setup your form to redirect to that PHP page and pass the form field value. So while it's not a built in feature right now, Gravity Forms can easily be customized.

We do not do customizations or support customizations ourselves. If you want to integrate with a 3rd party service you would have to write the code yourself or hire a WordPress consultant with Gravity Forms experience to do so for you. We can refer you to a trusted developer with extensive Gravity Forms customization experience if thats the route you wanted to take.

10. Underdog

Thank you Carl for you quick replies. Please email me the contact details to your trusted developer so I can get an idea of the cost to do what I want to do. I am assuming your product with minor adjustments can meet my needs. Thank you!

Posted 13 years ago on Thursday February 10, 2011 | Permalink
  11. Here are two that are frequently referred to here by Carl:

Ounce of Talent
    http://www.ounceoftalent.com

WebDevStudios
    http://www.webdevstudios.com

Posted 13 years ago on Thursday February 10, 2011 | Permalink
  12. Underdog

Thank you! Any other programmer options out there? I contacted both last week and still have not heard from either one. This is a time sensitive project so I was hoping to get going quickly.

Posted 13 years ago on Monday February 14, 2011 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.