PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Idea for Timetable layout

1. skot1708

Hey there,

I'm actually discover the Gravity Form plugin. For a Landingpage I need a simple Timetable function where User could register for specific events. There're 5 different days for events. Each Event should contain a
    - Time field (f. e. 8:00 - 11:00)
    - Heading
    - describtion (maybe toggled)
    - Checkbox for registration

and a Name & Email -field + register Button.

I tried the 3 column Layout (5 would be great) with succes. But unfortunately I'm not able to connect the event-belonging informations in a boxed style layout. For a better understanding I added a screenshot with comments: https://www.dropbox.com/s/v0j5ch8ktxxd04w/Bildschirmfoto%202013-01-02%20um%2018.51.42.png

Any idea would be helpful.

Thank you in advance.

Best
    Sascha

EDIT: A vertical line between the seperate days would also be great.

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday January 2, 2013 | Permalink
  2. How does the layout of the page relate to Gravity Forms? Couldn't you create that page in WordPress and then just link to the form with the selection prepopulated? You can send the click to the WordPress page with the parameter for whichever event they registered for.

3. skot1708

? I'm sorry I didn't understand what you mean or maybe you didn't understand what I mean ;)

The screenshoot I added was build with gravityforms. I actually found out that I could make a five column layout by using the html Content field. So I'll try that + give each Event (listelement inside the columns) an additional div for styling. Hope this will work

Best
    Sascha

4. OK, let us know if you need help with that.

My suggestion was to build that page outside of Gravity Forms, since you will have more control that way, then just link each one of your five boxes to the Gravity Form, but with a different URL query string, so you can populate one field in the form correctly based on the event they selected.

5. skot1708

Ah I see what you mean. But user are able to check more than one event, would this be possible with your suggestion?

6. No, that is not possible with my idea. You'll have to go in another direction. I didn't catch the first time around that those were check boxes.

7. skot1708

Ok so I almost got it. Take a look at:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r3fv9572ngtj4nx/Bildschirmfoto%202013-01-03%20um%2001.49.23.png

Everything works fine. A toogled Content for deskription is also added. Maybe I replace this with a popup. But I got two further questions:
    - Is it possible to "delete" the "field label" for the Checkboxes? CSS visibility won't fix cause I need the space
    - And is it possible to place the Submit Button somewhere else, f.e. in a third column above the table?

Thank you in advance best

Sascha

EDIT: It's too late;)
    to get ride of the field label "display: none" does the job fine as expected

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday January 3, 2013 | Permalink
  8. For positioning the submit button, please see this explanation of how to do it.

http://www.gravityhelp.com/forums/topic/trouble-positioning-submit-button-inline#post-19798

It's not part of the form body; it's part of the form footer so it needs to positioned absolutely to get it into the form body.

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday January 3, 2013 | Permalink