PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

iframes and wufoo's javascript coolness

1. I've been using wufoo for years (and paying for the pleasure of it). I've decided to move to GF for most of my use; but, I do need to be able to embed forms into other sites (like SmugMug).

Now, one of the really cool features that wufoo has is it's ability to auto-resize the iframe so that validation errors, etc. don't cause the forms submit button to be outside the frame.

Anyways, wufoo's code is GPLd :) licensed under Creative commons ( http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/us/ ) and, their JS coolness has been lovingly copied here; http://pastebin.com/42Cw9kj3

So, the question is, since I suck at JS, anyone have any idea on how to change it so that it will work with GF's when I iframe the content?

Now, as a feature request: I'd love to see an 'embed code' link for the forms. Basically that creates a nice little iframe (with this javascript beauty, etc.) that I can easily paste onto another site. It would be quite cool, IMHO :)

Posted 13 years ago on Wednesday February 16, 2011 | Permalink
  2. We can take a look at their code. We would like to eventually add embed functionality to embed forms outside of a WordPress site. However, Gravity Forms is setup and functions differently from Wufoo/Formstack as their entire business model is based around a hosted form so they have to make it work this way.

Gravity Forms was specifically designed to be used via shortcode and function call on a WordPress site. So we would have to make changes to how Gravity Forms works to make this possible as currently everything is geared towards being WordPress centric the way it enqueues scripts, etc.

One idea we have is to create an Add-On that makes this possible. This is most likely how we will eventually implement this functionality. You would need to install an add-on that contains the code to embed forms via iframe/javascript.

We'll take a look and see if the Wufoo GPL code is usable for something like this. Thanks!

Posted 13 years ago on Wednesday February 16, 2011 | Permalink
  3. Ken Wiesner

I am also very interested in this type of functionality! It would really come in handy for my clients.

Posted 13 years ago on Friday March 4, 2011 | Permalink