PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Image Files Uploaded Links Don't Work

1. I've got a couple of different forms that allow users to upload images. There are some that seem to be working fine and others that don't work at all.

Some forms, the image links are broken in the notification email, but if you go to view the entry from within Gravity Forms and click on that image link, the attachment works as expected.

One of my clients the images are located on the server where desired. I can confirm this by checking via FTP. However, no links to the image work.

Sometims the links are shown with a file path like "{site root}/gravity_forms/1-6319b7c22bde682f75559c91c0448b8a/2013/01/IMG_2422.jpg" and then later the same image will work with the file path of "{site root}/2013/01/IMG_1489.jpg"

I've also noticed that even though I've configured WordPress media settings to not put my attachments in directories based on the date, Gravity Forms still seems to include it anyway.

Need some help quickly to resolve the inconsistencies and questions.

Thanks,

Posted 11 years ago on Friday January 25, 2013 | Permalink
  2. Only uploads of post images will be moved to the media gallery. Regular file uploads, even of image type, will be placed in wp-content/uploads/gravity_forms/1-{random string}/, for example.

Are use consistently using file upload fields (in which case they files will not be moved to wp-content/uploads/gravity_forms/) or are you using some post image fields as well (which will be moved to where your post media is stored, normally wp-content/uploads/YYYY/MM?

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday January 30, 2013 | Permalink
  3. For this implementation they are not being stored as post images, thus the answer for them not being moved. Thanks for letting me know about that difference. So, for these files, I just need to setup some kind of process that would move the files when available. Is there a way to change the directory path of where these images get stored by default?

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday January 30, 2013 | Permalink
  4. You can use gform_upload_path to change where Gravity Form uploads by default:

http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/Gform_upload_path

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday January 31, 2013 | Permalink
  5. Is it possible to have the file that's been uploaded come to you in an email?

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday February 26, 2013 | Permalink
  6. You can attach files to your admin notification by using the gform_admin_notification_attachments filter:

http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/Gform_admin_notification_attachments

The example on that documentation page shows how to attach the uploaded files to the admin notification email.

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday February 26, 2013 | Permalink