PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Image Not Displaying

1. Hello,
    I just purchased your form and it is looking great. I'm having a problem though that I can't find the answer to, and I looked in the FAQ and forums.

I just put a form on a page that allows guests to upload an image, and add a text description. However when you submit the post, only the text description displays on the page, not the image. Now the image is being uploaded into my uploads folder, and is showing in my backend of wordpress, but not on the post page. Any idea of what is going on? Do I have to specify the images to go to a certain folder or something?

Thanks
    - Lucas

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday November 10, 2011 | Permalink
  2. I'm assuming you used the Post fields to do what you are doing and used the Post Image field to allow a user to upload an image when creating a post using your form.

Just like when you upload an image when creating a post in your WordPress Dashboard, images aren't automatically added to the content of your post. You have to insert the image where you want it to go. So while you added a Post Image field to your form and the user can use it to upload an image, that doesn't mean it automatically gets added to the content of the post itself. It only means the image gets attached to that posts gallery in the media library.

If you want to display that image automatically then you need to create a content template. A content template lets you fully control the markup and content of the post that is created.

To create a content template you would edit your Post Body field, then enable the content template option. In the content template you can use the "Insert merge tag" drop down to insert form field values into the post body. So using that drop down you would select the post image field and then which image size you want to insert. It will then insert the appropriate merge tag for that post image field.

Whatever you enter in the content template, be it HTML, static text or merge tags, will be used to create the post.

You posted this request on both our Contact Us form and here on the support forum. I'm glad I caught them both because otherwise it would have resulted in multiple people on our team responding to your request resulting in a duplication (or worse) of people responding.

In the future please request support by posting in the support forum. There is a notice on the Contact Us page that explains how to request support and the Contact Us form is not the appropriate method. See this screenshot:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/185347/Slingshot/Pictures/Screen%20Shot%202011-11-10%20at%201.19.24%20AM.png

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday November 10, 2011 | Permalink
  3. Great, thanks for the steps Carl, this answered my question too.

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday March 27, 2012 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.