PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Image preview?

1. vschimel

hi, is it possible to show users a preview of the image(s) they upload before they submit their forms?
    web url is http://www.dealdaisy.com/merchant/creating-your-deal/

Posted 13 years ago on Tuesday September 28, 2010 | Permalink
  2. No, this isn't currently possible. Gravity Forms uses the built in PHP file upload capabilities which doesn't support image previews. In order to implement this we would have to use a Flash based uploader, which is something we're considering for a future version of the plugin.

3. No, it isn't currently possible to show a preview of the images before they upload. We will add this to our feature list for possible inclusion in a future release.

4. vschimel

thanks!

5. Is the Flash upload planned for the 1.5 version?

Posted 13 years ago on Monday November 15, 2010 | Permalink
  6. Nope. Flash upload capabilities will be added sometime later. I'm not sure what version at this point.

Posted 13 years ago on Monday November 15, 2010 | Permalink
  7. matsilva

Any timeline for this feature or others like it regarding mutli-image uploads, upload size limitations or custom messages while the images is loading? A lot of the topics for these requests are last year old. Don't hold out on us!!!

Posted 12 years ago on Sunday June 12, 2011 | Permalink
  8. I would really like to have a more sophisticated version of the image uploader. Are there any possibilites to have a third party plugin do this?
    Did you see any implementations having size limiations, auto-resizing, auto-cropping, preview and thelike?

This thread (and the anouncements) is now almost a year old, it would be great to at least provide information how to extend gravityforms.

Thanks,
    Andreas

Posted 12 years ago on Friday August 12, 2011 | Permalink
  9. Currently the only features planned for the upload related fields are multi-file upload support. This will support file size limitations because it will use functionality that will enable us to do so.

Some of the other features like built in cropping, editing, etc. Are difficult to implement in a way that is going to be compatible across such a wide variety of themes and server configurations that we have to deal with. We'd love to implement more advanced functionality but we have to take a variety of things into account when implementing new features.

Gravity Forms can already be customized through the use of hooks and filters, which are all documented. Using hooks and filters you can create custom fields types and do pretty much anything you want. BUT you need to have a strong understanding of hook/filter usage, WordPress development and PHP in order to put them to use. But Gravity Forms is extremely customizable using these hooks.

Posted 12 years ago on Friday August 12, 2011 | Permalink
  10. sascha

Just coming back to image preview. Is there an update on that? Will it be implemented and roughly when?

Posted 12 years ago on Sunday February 12, 2012 | Permalink
  11. I would also like to hear about the image preview part, it would be a great help to a project I am working on right now, and another I have coming up.

Will it be possible to integrate via hooks perhaps? Once a file is uploaded, a hook is triggered which then updates the preview, perhaps via jQuery?

Posted 12 years ago on Monday March 19, 2012 | Permalink
  12. GZA

I can appreciate Carl's comment that image previews and cropping/resizing is "difficult to implement in a way that is going to be compatible across such a wide variety of themes and server configurations that we have to deal with".

But, I would also like to know if it's possible to offer our users some of the native WP image capabilities via our front end with use of hooks and filters?

Posted 12 years ago on Monday March 19, 2012 | Permalink