PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Image Upload with corresponding Description

1. LisaBell

My objective is to give the user an ability to upload images with corresponding description for use in video templates.

Often the fields I need to collect
    ~~~~~~~
    - Logo
    - Description 1 - Corresponding Image 1.1, Corresponding Image 1.2, Corresponding Image 1.3
    - Description 2 - Corresponding Image 2.1, Corresponding Image 2.2, Corresponding Image 2.3
    - Description 3 - Corresponding Image 3.1, Corresponding Image 3.2, Corresponding Image 3.3
    etc.
    - Closing text / Call to Action
    ~~~~~~~

Will GravityForms Allow me to collect that information?

Would I have to set up a minisite for each client?

Would it be possible with the PayPal Add on to set it up so that once the client picks a template and Pays for it with PayPal, he is taken to a corresponding form and uploads the description and the media?

Thank you so much, I hope Gravity Forms is what I am looking for, waiting for the confirmation from you.

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday July 5, 2011 | Permalink
  2. Is this form going to create a WordPress Post and are these images going to be part of the post that is created? If so you can use the Post Image field which allows the user to include an image title and description as options on the Post Image field.

I'm not sure what you mean by setup a minisite for each client. Gravity Forms is a WordPress plugin. So it would be installed and activated on a WordPress site. I'm not sure what you mean by minisites.

Gravity Forms PayPal Add-On doesn't send the user to PayPal and then to a form. It has the user fill out the form and then sends them to PayPal to pay for the submission. If the form creates a WordPress Post it can be configured so the post isn't created until payment is received via PayPal.

Your questions aren't entirely clear because i'm not sure what you mean by video templates, etc. so your use case isn't completely clear based on what you described.

3. LisaBell

Carl, thank you for a quick reply.

No, I don't need the images posted to a blog post. I am looking for a way to use Wordpress

- to show a tempate and select the one they want
    - pay, and I could send them to a corresponding form after the payment is complete
    - the form collects images with corresponding description and stores images on my server
    - I use the images and descriptions (the information that they fill out in a form and upload the images) to create a video using my video creation software - often it would be Adobe After Effects, but could be anything. I just need a mechanism for the people to a) upload the image b) tell me what text they want me to use next to this image.

Hope I clarified the question. Thank you!

4. Yes, the clarification is fine. Gravity Forms can do what you described. You would add fields for each of the information you want to capture and then you can use the PayPal Add-On to capture payment also. The PayPal Add-On will mark the entry as paid once payment is received.