PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Import of forms Issue

1. We have a problem with a client who is trying to export forms from one multisite domain in order to import to another.

We're running WP 3.0.1 multisites with GF Version 1.3.13.1 - we can upgrade to GF1.4 but that will take time for testing as this is a pretty mission critical installation.

The XML file looks OK.

I did wonder if the upload of the form uses something other than an uploads directory, in which case the server is so locked down that that won't work.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dave

Posted 13 years ago on Friday October 1, 2010 | Permalink
  2. I'm not 100% sure what issue you are reporting. Is the Import Form functionality not working properly for you? What exactly is happening if not, an error message or the form just isn't created? I would have to first suggest upgrading to the latest version as their have been some import related bugs fixed in the last couple releases.

Posted 13 years ago on Friday October 1, 2010 | Permalink
  3. Ah sorry - on importing forms it reported all was well and 12 forms imported successfully, but when you look, none did so.

Posted 13 years ago on Saturday October 2, 2010 | Permalink
  4. Carl - thanks... we ran tests on the latest version, all good in dev, got sign off, and upgraded from our svn.

Client is happy, and so are we. Still my favourite plugin, and getting better every time :o)

Posted 13 years ago on Monday October 4, 2010 | Permalink
  5. kfawcett

I am having this same issue on a multisite. I export from one site and import to another. It says successful, but when I go to "edit form" there is no form.

I'm running 1.4.5

Posted 13 years ago on Wednesday December 15, 2010 | Permalink
  6. @kfawcett This is usually caused by bad form data of some sort so the import doesn't execute properly. Are you importing one form or multiple forms?

7. kfawcett

It was only one form. I'm still in development, so I only have one test form so far. I got it to work though. I ended up uninstalling 1.4.5, deleting all tables related to gravity forms in the database, installing 1.5.rc2, and then I re-imported the form and everything worked.

Not sure if it was a problem with 1.4.5 or another issue related with multi-site and importing a form.

8. Carson

I am using Gravity Forms 1.5.1.1. I also have the latest PayPal, Campaign Monitor and User Registration add-ons activated. When I try to import forms I get a message that says "Gravity Forms imported 8 forms successfully". However, when I go to the form editor it says I don't have any forms. I tried re-exporting the forms from the original site and then importing them again and I have the same problem.

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday April 27, 2011 | Permalink
  9. @carson Try importing the forms one by one and let me know if that works or if a particular form doesn't import. Let me know how it goes and we can go from there on investigating this.

10. Carson

@Carl, I tried importing the forms one by one. None of them would import. I get a success message every time, but they never appear in the form editor.

11. Carson

Any more thoughts on this?

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday April 28, 2011 | Permalink
  12. Upload an export XML file for one of your forms and post a link to it here, i'll try replicating it with one of your forms.

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday April 28, 2011 | Permalink
  13. Carson

Here is a link: http://db.tt/nqejccW

Posted 12 years ago on Friday April 29, 2011 | Permalink
  14. @Carson I encountered no problems importing that form.

Here is a screenshot of that form after importing: http://grab.by/a0f3

Here is a screenshot of that form in the form editor: http://grab.by/a0f5

You are going to have to check for plugin/theme conflicts. Do you know how to test for these or do you need step by step instructions?

It's also possible it's a PHP memory issue, you could be running out of PHP memory and it can't execute the import. You would need to increase your available PHP memory.

Checking for theme/plugin conflicts could pose an issue if it's PHP memory related because you free up memory by deactivating themes/plugins. So it may be best to increase your available PHP memory before testing for conflicts.

Posted 12 years ago on Friday April 29, 2011 | Permalink
  15. Carson

Thanks for your help Carl. I deactivated every single plugin and switched to the Twenty Ten theme and still could not import. I will just rebuild the forms.

Posted 12 years ago on Monday May 2, 2011 | Permalink