PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Including Form Field Labels when creating custom post content

1. I have put together a form for our team to use internally to create a job listing, which is then posted to our Jobs page on our website.

I was able to set up my fields and used the Create Content Template to select all of the fields to be inserted into the job posting. That part works great.

I can't figure out how to get the Field Labels to post along with the field Content. So far my content shows up on the job post as a long, run-together text. What do I need to do to separate it out and get the field labels to appear?

I am very new to this so I apologize if this is a stupid question.

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday March 15, 2012 | Permalink
  2. Nobody? Can anyone even begin to point me in the right direction? Any help would be much appreciated!

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday March 27, 2012 | Permalink
  3. In your post body field when you are creating the content template, can't you just write the value before the merge tag? It accepts HTML so you can put list items, or paragraphs or break tags in there to separate everything by lines.

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday March 28, 2012 | Permalink
  4. Oh, thanks for the reply! I'll try it. I'm sorry for the stupid question. This is not my field of expertise at all (my company stuck me with this task and I have no clue what I'm doing).

Thanks again.

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday March 28, 2012 | Permalink
  5. No problem at all, let me know how it goes.

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday March 29, 2012 | Permalink
  6. It worked a charm- got everything exactly how I wanted it laid out.

Thanks very much for the help. I really appreciate it!!

7. Awesome! Thanks for letting me know. Glad to help out.

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.