PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Installing Gravity Forms

1. I just purchased gravity forms for my website. When I installed it and uploaded and installed fine. When I activated the plugin it crashed my site. So i deleted the plugin folder for it and the website then worked again. I have WordPress 3.4.2 and MySQL v5.5.29. Any idea on what I need to do to activate it and have it work?

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday January 15, 2013 | Permalink
  2. You should have WordPress 3.5, but I don't think that is the problem. When it crashes your site, I imagine you mean the screen is white? If that is the case, you have a 500 Internal Server error which should be logged, if it's not on screen. Can you please find out what error was logged so we can help you resolve the problem? Thank you.

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday January 15, 2013 | Permalink
  3. your system requirements say 3.3 and higher. i didnt get a server error the screen went white. the admin dashboard area wouldnt load and the only thing showing on the website was the header graphic. As soon as I removed the folder from plugins it all worked again. thoughts of where to start?

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday January 16, 2013 | Permalink
  4. I would start with the server error logs, either Apache or PHP. Can you contact your host and see what errors were logged when this white screen appeared?

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday January 16, 2013 | Permalink
  5. Does this mean anything to you lol :)

[15-Jan-2013 04:08:16] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 80 bytes) in /home1/computm1/public_html/flexo/wordpress/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1449

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday January 17, 2013 | Permalink
  6. Yes, that error is because you do not have enough PHP RAM. You have 32MB of RAM available, and it was not enough to run everything on your site (theme and plugins) when you tried to activate Gravity Forms. Please talk to your host about increasing the amount of RAM available to your site. You can read about some of that here: http://www.nerdgrind.com/increase-wordpress-and-php-memory-limit/

7. perfect ill get on that tomorrow. thank you!!!!!!!

8. You're welcome. Let us know how it goes.