PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Integrating PayPal with Options Pricing

1. May just be a rookie error, but when i try and add the PayPal add-on to the form i am creating, it is asking me if it is a subscription, donation or a product or service. I have set up a drop down box using the "Options" box and it does not categorize it in any of the above categories.

Thanks for any help...

Posted 13 years ago on Saturday February 12, 2011 | Permalink
  2. I'm not sure what you are trying to do.

PayPal transactions are one of 3 different types: Product or Service, Subscription or Donation. I'm not sure what that has to do with the "Options" field.

An "Option" field does not get passed to PayPal unless a "Product" field exists. An "Option" are optional features of a "Product". So you can't have just an "Options" field on your form, you must also have a "Product" field on your form and then the "Option" field is tied to that product field.

Options belong to a Product, so you have to have a Product on your form.

When using Products and Services with PayPal all Products (and their corresponding options) are automatically passed to PayPal, there is nothing to configure. It detects Products (and options) on the form and passes that information to PayPal automatically.

For Donations with PayPal the Donation field is used.

Posted 13 years ago on Monday February 14, 2011 | Permalink