PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Internet Explorer 7 Problems

1. bobby

I'm having problems getting the form to display properly in IE 7. Visitors using the awful browser complain of fields/options being too garbled to use. Please take a look at the offending page: https://www.manhattanyouthbaseball.com/registration/spring-ball/

Thanks.

Posted 13 years ago on Saturday September 25, 2010 | Permalink
  2. Bobby, I looked at the form in IE7 and yeah, it's got a couple of minor issues but it's far from "too garbled to use". Sounds like you've got some drama queens using IE7 trying to submit the form.

The most obvious and worst thing I see is that the radio/checkbox inputs are out of line - displaying too wide and pushing the content to the right.

see screenshot

This is because there is a blanket width (bad form) applied to inputs in your style.css file on line 734 and the radio/checkbox inputs are inheriting from that too.

screenshot

If you disable that rule, you'll see that that most of the alignment problems go away.

I did notice that the state select field is misaligned slightly and it's causing the zip code field to "hang" underneath it. This is most likely due to some padding/margin issue that it's inheriting from your theme. I looked around briefly but didn't find anything so far.

I did also notice an inline "z-index:800" style being applied to the parent .ginput_complex.ginput_container which isn't normal. It's apparently being applied by some script elsewhere so that could be part of the problem.. not the z-index per se, but something else originating from the script.

Finally, I noticed that you're loading the ie8.js file for IE7 users. I'm not sure if that's related, but we have seen other styling and odd rendering issues related to that script as well. It's something to consider as well.

http://forum.gravityhelp.com/topic/form-weirdness-ie-7-pulls-in-none-from-css-checkbox-alignment-issues#post-9926

Posted 13 years ago on Saturday September 25, 2010 | Permalink
  3. bobby

Great will try your solutions and get back to you if problems persists. Thank you for your in depth response!

Posted 13 years ago on Wednesday October 6, 2010 | Permalink