PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Is Gravity Forms Mobile Enable?

1. vanavah

Is Gravity Forms Mobile Enable? Is there a feature in the software to turn on that enable all forms to work on all types of mobile? I only work with mobiles and I am looking for a forms enable mobile software.

Posted 11 years ago on Monday August 20, 2012 | Permalink
  2. David Peralty

Most fields in our forms work. Different mobile platforms deal with JavaScript in different ways, and as such I can't promise all features will work and look the same.

For example: the file upload/image upload fields won't work on iOS because Apple doesn't give access to the file system.

I hope that helps.

3. vanavah

To confirm, from your reply, Gravity forms is mobile enable except for the image upload field, which I will not be using. I want to buy the unlimited site version but I would to have a few questions answered quickly:
    (1) Can I control which site in WPMU that can use this plugin?
    (2) Adding a second email confirmation field, because many users type the wrong thing more often than not?
    (3) Password field to enable login for certain forms to as to prevent unauthorized access to sensitive data?

4. David Peralty

Yes, that's correct.

1.) I am pretty sure that it is network or site level installed only. Not sure how WPMU controls plugin access, but I know people that have used it at the network and site level.

2.) Yes, you can add a second e-mail confirmation. But the drop rate for a form increases the more confirmations you put in place. I understand that people sometimes write their e-mails incorrectly, but it is getting less and less as people become accustomed to it, and won't stop them from copying and pasting the wrong e-mail into the second field.

3.) You can password protect a WordPress page without involving Gravity Forms. You could add a field though and use conditional logic to hide all the fields until the password is correct.

5. vanavah

Thanks very much for such great support by such a prompt reply. One final thing and I am done. On some forms I need to email the form to 2 different companies other than a confirmation to the form filler. For instance, if a form has on say 10 fields, on one email 10 fields goes to company A but 4 fields go to company B. Can this be done?
    Finally, how do I post the form?

6. vanavah

Because we arebuying the unlimited site version and we have hundreds of clients, can we customize (brand) it and use our logo, headers, and footers to give it our own private label?

7. David Peralty

Gravity Forms can send out two notification messages, but that is all. Usually this is set to send one notification to the person filling out the form and another to the admin/owner of the website. It can send out ten messages to admins without problem, but it isn't set up to send three different messages (one to user, one to admin and one to third party).

What do you mean by how to do you post the form? We have embed codes to put the forms in WordPress pages. Is that what you mean?

Out documentation is available for anyone before purchasing, so check it out, especially the section about creating and embedding your first form.

http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/Gravity_Forms_Documentation

We don't provide white label services, you can customize Gravity Forms however you want though. Just remember, any support they need would have to come through you unless they get their own license of Gravity Forms.

8. I thought it best to post here. I have a form up on my quote page and the drop down menus are not activating by touch on mobile devices. I have Ajax disabled. http://www.lighthousewebdesigns.com/get-a-quote/

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday August 23, 2012 | Permalink
  9. David Peralty

Looks like you have JavaScript issues that might be causing your problems:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://www.lighthousewebdesigns.com/wp-content/themes/crunchy/js/jquery.animate-shadow-min.js?ver=3.4.1
    15Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'height' of undefined jquery.prettyPhoto.js:55
    2Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'is' of undefined jquery.prettyPhoto.js:48
    Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'height' of undefined jquery.prettyPhoto.js:55

Can you look at sorting these out and see if it solves your mobile problem?

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday August 23, 2012 | Permalink
  10. vanavah

Can I create login forms with Gravity Forms? Where can I find documentation or video on how it is done?

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday August 28, 2012 | Permalink
  11. I added gravity form to my site: http://www.dogdaygetaway.com/newclient and it is not working correctly on my iPad 2. I do have an older version running of iOS, however that should not affect it...should it??

There are 2 major issues that I have not been able to resolve:

1. When user selects "Referred By" from "How did you hear about us?", field is not populating for user to enter info.
    2. When user selects "No" on "Has your dog been Neutered?", field is not populating for user to enter info.

I have cleared cache, I have done everything I can think of! I have gone to multiple developers and looked online. I sure hope you can figure this out!

Posted 10 years ago on Friday May 24, 2013 | Permalink
  12. Kent, please open a topic in the regular support forums, as we don't provide any actual solutions in the Pre-purchase forum. Thank you.

http://www.gravityhelp.com/forums/forum/gravity-forms#postform

Posted 10 years ago on Sunday May 26, 2013 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.