PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Is my trash safe ?

1. tcs

I see that wordpress will delete it's trash every 30 days by default for trashed posts / comments etc.

If I put gravity forms entries in the trash - will they get deleted every 30 days by wordpress or are they somewhere safe ?

The reason I am asking is I actually put real entries into the trash after I have actioned them. I still need to retain them but there is no "archive" place to put them.

I know there are read and unread flags and other tricks with hidden fields and using searches to try and limit the entries in front of you but I'd rather not have to filter everything every time I check if there is some work to be done so I have been putting actioned entries in the trash for safe keeping (an oxymoron if ever there was one).

So if I don't permanently delete my form entries in the trash - can I keep them forever ? Also are there any plans to allow additional categories for form entries to be moved to (other than trash) - eg Archive

Posted 11 years ago on Saturday August 4, 2012 | Permalink
  2. This is a really good question. I will ping the developers to see if the Gravity Forms trash adheres to the WordPress trash settings, or if it's never emptied, or if there is some Gravity Forms-specific setting for trash. I will also set my trash to one day in wp-config.php and see if my Gravity Forms trashed entries disappear. If so, then we know it goes by the WordPress setting.

I believe Archive status is being considered for a future release. I'll flag this as a feature request to be sure we don't forget about it. And I will post on Monday the results of my "Trash" test. Thank you.

Posted 11 years ago on Saturday August 4, 2012 | Permalink
  3. I put three entries in the trash 2 days ago (over 48 hours ago) and changed my wp-config.php to empty the trash after 1 day:

define('EMPTY_TRASH_DAYS', 1);

And my form entries are still in the trash. That's not proof the form entries will never be lost once they're in the trash, but it seems to me that they are independent from any WordPress garbage collection. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday August 7, 2012 | Permalink
  4. tcs

Thanks Chris. Good to know!

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday August 7, 2012 | Permalink