PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Item unit pricing & form printing questions

1. 1. When preparing an order form, can the unit price be set beyond the second decimal place? Our site is used for currency exchange calculations, so a unit of a particular currency might equal $0.0052876, and I'd like a customer to be able to enter 10,000 and have that number multiplied by $0.0052876 to generate the price for that line item. See our current form at http://www.webuyeuros.com/calculator.

2. You suggested the PrintFriendly plugin in your answer to another question. Print Friendly is a great plugin, but I was wondering whether it actually works with your forms. If data is entered, and price calculation results are generated, will the completed form actually print?

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday September 14, 2011 | Permalink
  2. 1) Currently the pricing is designed for traditional pricing calculations and the price is automatically rounded to 2 decimal places. The pricing fields are designed to be used with Payment Gateways with PayPal being the first payment add-on they work with and Authorize.Net to follow. Those gateways typically always require properly formatted currencies with limited decimal places.

What you want to do is a more custom use case so it may require writing some custom code to make Gravity Forms work the way you want it to.

2) Our recommendation to look at PrintFriendly was just a suggestion. Ultimately printing functionality on the front end of your site isn't a function of Gravity Forms, it's a function of your theme and/or a plugin such as PrintFriendly. So I can't really answer anything specific about PrintFriendly as i'm not very familiar with all of it's capabilities.

3. When you say custom code, is that something which is generally easy to do? To continue with the example I asked about, would it be possible to display a price of $0.0052876 (simply as text), but set the price in the formula as $528.76 to comply with the pricing field requirements, and then divide the total by 10,000 to get an accurate result? I don't mind having to follow a circuitous route to my answer, just so long as I can get there.

4. Printing issues was also something I was interested in, and after reading the suggestion to use PrintFriendly, I thought I'd give it a try. However, when I tested printing a page with Gravity Forms on it and clicked the 'Print' button (the PrintFriendly button) the print preview does not show the form. All that is shown is a blank page. Is there anyway to fix this or is there some code I am not seeing that is needed to make the two Plugins compatible with each other? Thanks!

Posted 12 years ago on Saturday April 7, 2012 | Permalink