PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Just about sold but we have a couple of questions...

1. We are just about sold on a Developer license but here's what we need to know before we purchase...

1. Can we display the submissions from a form on one of our wordpress pages? For example, right now, we are using Contact Form 7 with the database add-on. This logs all of the form submissions (which I know GF's does out of the box), but it also allows us to create a shortcode for any of our forms to show certain fields on a WP page. Here is a page on our site:

http://www.virginiasportscomplex.org/vsc-columbus-day-challenge/

You'll notice in the right column there is a section titled "Who's Attending?" and beneath is a table showing the data from the fields we selected. That table was generated using this shortcode:

'[cfdb-table form="VSC Columbus Day Challenge" show="TeamName,TeamAges,City,State" orderby="TeamAges"]'

The shortcode is pulling the data from the "VSC Columbus Day Challenge" form that we created with Contact Form 7, but it is set to ONLY show data from the "Team Name," "Team Ages," "City," and "State" fields. Lastly, it is set to sort the table according to Team Ages." Once the shortcode is on the page, all subsequent submissions from that form will automatically show up under Who's Attending. We need this functionality. Can GF's do this?

2. We want to add Authorize.net to our registration forms. So, a registrant would fill out all the personal info, and then enter their CC details. Once submitted, Authorize.net will automatically process the payment while we receive the rest of the form data. Possible?

A quick answer is appreciated, as we are anxious to get this going!

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday September 27, 2012 | Permalink
  2. 1. You can get all the data out of the Gravity Forms entries, but there is not currently a shortcode to pull that out. I have written a couple of specific shortcodes to pull information from specific forms or entries, but I'm not aware of any general shortcodes to pull data from Gravity Forms entries. The way Contact Form 7 does it looks like a good approach. Gravity Forms can do this, but the shortcodes do not exist currently. You'd have to write the code to create the shortcode, or at least the functionality to pull out the entries.

2. Yes, with our Authorize.net add-on, which requires a developer license.

Posted 11 years ago on Friday September 28, 2012 | Permalink
  3. Would you (or another admin) be willing to help with that code? I am not a programmer so I wouldn't know how to begin writing a code to create a shortcode. But again, we do need the functionality and GF has just about everything else we need...

4. You may need to enlist the help of a PHP developer. We can post code snippets and pointers on how to accomplish certain things, but we can't code the whole solution for you. I really like the way Contact Form 7 does it, so I was going to try to write a generic shortcode that would work the same way. I have written bits and pieces of it, but it's always been very specific, not generalized, as you need it to be. Here is an example of one such shortcode I created http://pastebin.com/kHpaHQvi

5. willbro

I'd like to help. I need a basic version. A shortcode to output a table with all fields would be fine.

I will look at your example and try to code up a generic select all short code.

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday October 4, 2012 | Permalink
  6. Please share what you come up with. Thank you.

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday October 4, 2012 | Permalink
  7. I have wordpress thesis - the code you have located here http://pastebin.com/kHpaHQvi - any ideas where I should put that?

Yes, I'm also trying to create a directory of members by state and zip.

Posted 11 years ago on Sunday October 21, 2012 | Permalink
  8. @shmula, please begin a new topic in the regular support forums as you are already a customer and trying to get support. Thank you.

However, that code I wrote goes in your theme's functions.php - I'm not sure where Thesis recommends your custom code be added. Looks like wp-content/themes/thesis_x.x/custom_functions.php

http://www.thecreatology.com/how-to-safely-edit-custom-functions-file-in-thesis-theme.html

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday October 23, 2012 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.