PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Language Files

1. Maligno

Is there a repository of language files?
    I need the spanish ES_es.mo for gravityforms...

Posted 14 years ago on Tuesday February 16, 2010 | Permalink
  2. Currently there is no official repository, but if any translators want to supply us with the language files we would be glad to make them freely available via a page here on the support site.

Just get in touch with us, send us the translation file and we will get the ball rolling on making it available.

3. Maligno

Hi Carl!

After translating, what do I have to do with de .po and .mo files?

;)

4. To use them they go in the languages folder for the plugin and then are utilized when you have that language activated on WordPress.

Please keep it backed up in another location as you will need to re-apply it when an update to the plugin occurs due to how WordPress handles plugin updates.

In the future we may include available localization files with the plugin itself and the backup won't be necessary, however we aren't currently including localization files as they aren't relevant to every user.

You can email me at carl - at - rocketgenius.com with the translation files as an attachment and I will include them when we launch the translation file download page.

Thanks!

5. Maligno

I'm trying to test it first. I'll send it to you when done.

So... the thing is renaming the files to whatever my other language files are called (i.e. es_ES.po & es_ES.mo same as my wordpress config file) and put them in the languages folder under the gravity forms plugin folder?

This didn't work for me. Do I have to reactivate the plugin or something else?
    Didn't work with the same name it came (gravityforms.po & mo)... :S

;)

6. You have to include the plugin name when naming the translation file.

So in your case you would call it:

gravityforms-es_ES.mo

You would place it here:

wp-content/plugins/gravityforms/languages

You just need to place the compiled .mo file in the languages folder. The .po file isn't used by WordPress, it is used by the translation software used to translate things. It's the sourcefile.

That should do it...

7. Hey Maligno,
    Did you completed the translation file? I would appreciate if you could send me a copy;)

Carl,
    The page with the translation files is already published?

Posted 14 years ago on Wednesday March 17, 2010 | Permalink
  8. We are still working on the language file page, it hasn't been made available yet as we are still gathering up language files.

Posted 14 years ago on Wednesday March 17, 2010 | Permalink
  9. moikirsch

Any news on this... I could help with the spanish version if needed.

Posted 13 years ago on Monday May 3, 2010 | Permalink
  10. That would be great. If you have a Spanish language translation available, send it our way... you can email it to carl at rocketgenius.com

Posted 13 years ago on Monday May 3, 2010 | Permalink
  11. maratino

Please provide a language file page to down- and upload files.

Posted 13 years ago on Sunday May 16, 2010 | Permalink
  12. Would very much appreciate a language file download repository. Currently looking for the Dutch translation...cheers!

Posted 13 years ago on Tuesday July 6, 2010 | Permalink
  13. Until we have the Languages download area ready...

The current Dutch translation file supplied to us by Jan Egbert can be downloaded here:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/gravityforms/languages/dutch-gravityforms.zip

Posted 13 years ago on Tuesday July 6, 2010 | Permalink
  14. I started to translate the plugin in to Spanish.
    if you like to help finish this translate.
    repository in Github.com

http://github.com/christianrojas/gravity-forms-es_ES

Posted 13 years ago on Wednesday September 29, 2010 | Permalink
  15. marcopako

Hola Maligno!,
    podrías compartir conmigo la traducción, lo gradecería mucho!
    Saludos!

Posted 13 years ago on Thursday November 25, 2010 | Permalink
  16. Why can't the language files be included in the plugin? It is very frustrating to lose the translations when upgrading the plugin and I am quite sure there are many customers with non-English sites that experience this issue.

I also don't understand why we have to wait for a site redesign for the language files to be placed on the website, it would at least mean I would not have to search through the forums for the most recent language file.

Posted 13 years ago on Friday December 3, 2010 | Permalink
  17. Starting with 1.5, language files will be included in the plugin. We currently have the following languages: nb_NO, de_DE, es_ES, fr_FR, nl_NL, pt_BR.
    If anybody has other translations, please send them to alex@rocketgenius.com

Posted 13 years ago on Friday December 3, 2010 | Permalink
  18. That is fantastic news!

Posted 13 years ago on Saturday December 4, 2010 | Permalink
  19. kim.telenet

Thank you for including these!

I'ld like to use the Dutch language file on an English wordpress install. Is this possible (on a per-form basis)?

Posted 13 years ago on Wednesday December 22, 2010 | Permalink
  20. No, it isn't possible on a per-form basis. The Localization/translation via PO has to be activated on your WordPress site. It isn't a translation of your form itself, it's a translation of the entire Gravity Forms admin interface with some form elements (advanced field labels) also translated automatically. But the forms themselves aren't translated using PO files.

Posted 13 years ago on Wednesday December 22, 2010 | Permalink
  21. Is it still possible to submit translations for v1.5? I could send you a partly finished swedish translation.

Posted 13 years ago on Tuesday February 15, 2011 | Permalink
  22. @intervaro Have you sent swedish lang file?

Posted 13 years ago on Wednesday March 16, 2011 | Permalink
  23. Bump.

If there is no swedish lang file I guess I will have to translate but if some one already have done this it's stupid to translate twice.

Posted 13 years ago on Thursday March 24, 2011 | Permalink
  24. Spanish translation not working for me, it's a mixed between spanish, english and german.

Does anybody has a working spanish transltation for Gravity Forms 1.5.1.?

Posted 13 years ago on Monday April 11, 2011 | Permalink
  25. rickdronkers

How can i translate the actual form and, more specific, the error messages?

Posted 12 years ago on Monday July 4, 2011 | Permalink
  26. Anyone with Swedish translation?

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday July 7, 2011 | Permalink
  27. @rickdronkers You translate Gravity Forms by translating the POT file found in the /languages folder.

Here is a tutorial on how to translate a WordPress plugin:

http://weblogtoolscollection.com/archives/2007/08/27/localizing-a-wordpress-plugin-using-poedit/

There is also a plugin that can be used to help localize other plugins. It can be found here:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/codestyling-localization/

If you just want to translate certain elements, you can use hooks and filters to change labels and error messages. All of the hooks/filters are documented here:

http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/Developer_Docs

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday July 7, 2011 | Permalink
  28. Is there any hook or filter to translate just this error message: "Your emails do not match"?
    I can't find it in the documentation.

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday July 28, 2011 | Permalink
  29. español

Posted 12 years ago on Monday August 8, 2011 | Permalink
  30. Fonte

donde esta el español?

please, wheres is spanish language?

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday December 1, 2011 | Permalink
  31. We do not currently have a Spanish translation file. We don't provide official translations at this time. All translations have been supplied by users.

If a native Spanish speaker would like to create a translation we'd be glad to make it available to users.

We do plan on introducing official translations sometime next year.

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday December 1, 2011 | Permalink