PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Limit user to just form creation and editing - no page editing

1. igordonwiz

We are using WordPress Plugin Capability Manager to limit user roles. I would like to give a user the ability to create, edit, and delete forms, but not to edit any pages or posts. I only want him to have access to the forms area.
    Under Capability Manager, the roles associated with Gravity Forms are:
    Gravityforms mailchimp
    Gravityforms mailchimp uninstall
    Gravityforms Paypal
    Gravityforms Paypal uninstall

Is there a way to give this user the ability to work with Gravity forms, and even publish them, without letting him touch page and post content?

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday February 22, 2012 | Permalink
  2. igordonwiz

I meant to add that that giving the user access to these Gravity forms capabilities does not make the Forms area appear on his dashboard. What authority is needed to make the GravityForms Forms area appear on the left of the dashboard?

Thanks.

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday February 22, 2012 | Permalink
  3. Does this reply:
    http://www.gravityhelp.com/forums/topic/limit-access-to-back-end-data-by-role#post-143459

answer this question for you as well?

WordPress Plugin Capability Manager should be able to do the same things as the Members plugin, so you should be able to use that instead.

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday February 6, 2013 | Permalink