PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Lost forms when site moved to other domain

1. Our website has around 25 forms. Before we do major updates to our site (wordpress and plugins updates) we backup the whole site and copy it to a testing domain.
    But the last time we copied the site a whole bunch of the forms where lost. The forms are still listed in the backend but they're empty and in the frontend it says that the from was not found.

We copy the site as followed:
    Copy the whole public_html folder
    Export mysql and 'find and replace' the old domain name into new.
    Than import in new database on test domain.

This worked the first couple of times.
    But now it doesn't anymore.

We are affraid that if we build a new site for a client of us from a testing domain we lose the forms and have to work from scratch again.

Hope you can help us.

With regards,

Yance Bazar
    IVA GROEP

Posted 11 years ago on Monday July 30, 2012 | Permalink
  2. David Peralty

WordPress has a great article about moving WordPress:
    http://codex.wordpress.org/Moving_WordPress

You shouldn't just do a find and replace as it can cause database issues.

For Gravity Forms, we recommend exporting your forms and then re-importing them on the receiving end. You can go to Forms -> Export -> Export Forms to get an XML download of your forms to import anywhere you want. I personally keep a repository of forms that I'll need for various sites I run.

Posted 11 years ago on Monday July 30, 2012 | Permalink
  3. I exported my forms from one site, and they imported to the new site fine. But, while they show up in the edit view, the do not display in the preview or on the pages. Hope you can help!

Posted 11 years ago on Friday August 10, 2012 | Permalink
  4. By the way, using the meta recovery plugin did not help.

5. And, the url... http://66.147.242.99/~dogpatc1/model-call/

6. David Peralty

If they don't display on the preview/page then usually we have people try the following steps. Can you please go through them and see if it helps:
    http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/Testing_for_a_Theme/Plugin_Conflict

7. David,

Interestingly, changing to twenty-ten and leaving all plugins enabled fixes it, but, switching back to the theme I was using (Tersus) and disabling the "pin-it" plugin also fixes it.

Susan

8. David Peralty

Sounds like a JavaScript conflict (this does have the side effect of creating issues with Gravity Forms sometimes). Glad you found the source though.