PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Mailchimp user profiles & "Manage subscriptions"

1. Hi there! I have a new client who has a large database of existing contacts/subscribers with another email marketing service, and their own internal user database. They have recently signed up for Mailchimp and would like to:

1. Import all these users, their preferences and subscriptions into Mailchimp (many users are subscribed to more than one list
    2. Create a Wordpress site that will allow these users to login and manage their profile/preferences and Mailchimp subscriptions

Is it currently possible with the Mailchimp add-on to:

1. Pull user data into a Gravity Form
    2. Create checkboxes for each list this user is subscribed to
    3. Allow users to check/uncheck their subscriptions
    4. Automatically subscribe/unsubscribe the user to multiple lists based on this form input

Separately,

1. Allow new users to subscribe to multiple lists using checkboxes in one form

Thank you for your help!

Posted 12 years ago on Friday January 13, 2012 | Permalink
  2. 1. No, not really. You could script it to create the proper entries, but importing existing data into Gravity Forms is not currently possible.

2. The newest version of the Mailchimp add-on (released today) supports Groups, which I think is what you mean by "checkboxes for each list." My understanding of Mailchimp is that you have one list, with multiple groups or segments. Without the import feature from your first question though, I'm not sure if the new feature will help you.

3. Subscription management is not a feature of Gravity Forms. Once the data is submitted via your form and the data is sent to Mailchimp, there is no longer any connection between the two (Gravity Forms and Mailchimp.) You could extend the user profile in WordPress to allow them to manage their subscriptions, then update Mailchimp, but it is not a built in feature.

4. Yes, with the latest version of the add-on.

1 (again). Seems like the same question as number 4. Can you explain the difference?

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday January 18, 2012 | Permalink
  3. I've worked it out, doing some custom API integration & using the handy GF hooks. Thanks for your help again, much appreciated!

And yes, you're right I had a duplicate question in there!

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday January 26, 2012 | Permalink
  4. Glad you were able to get this sorted out. :)

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday February 2, 2012 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.