PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Making my form styling look like the gravity forms preview styling

1. andyschar

Hi,

I know practically nothing about styling and css - all I know is that the preview form that is generated for me to see what I've created looks good: http://i.imgur.com/XCMsf.png but on my website it doesn't looks so good: http://bit.ly/qSF2yz

Any ideas how I can make it look the same as the GF preview?

Thanks

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday August 11, 2011 | Permalink
  2. The issue is your themes styles, they are applying CSS to form markup elements which is applying them to the form also. This is why the Preview looks different.

One suggestion I have is to change the form to use Top Labels instead of Left Aligned Labels. This is an option in the Form Settings. Top Labels typically look better. The Left Aligned Labels is why the labels looked squished because of styles being applied by your theme. This is why Top Labels are the default, typically they are the most reliable across most themes.

After changing the labels see how that improves the look. Then if you have any specific style issues, detail them and someone can assist you with them.

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday August 11, 2011 | Permalink
  3. andyschar

Hi Carl,

Thanks for the response. I'm guessing my theme must be overriding the form properties completely, since "Top Aligned" is already selected in my form settings.

Is there some kind of code I should be using to place in my Custom WooTheme CSS area that would be able to make it top aligned, or would I have to take that up with WooThemes?

Thanks

Posted 12 years ago on Friday August 12, 2011 | Permalink
  4. Woo Themes CSS overrides the default form styles. You shouldn't need to add extra CSS rules to redeclare what is already the default. You should contact the Woo support team for guidance on how to remove their styles if you don't like/need them.

Posted 12 years ago on Friday August 12, 2011 | Permalink