PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Merge field from other form?

1. wolf123

Hi Guys!

In your opinion is it possible to in a email notification merge fields from two different forms?

I.e. I have Form1 and Form2. In the Form1 I create the field "telephone". In the notification of the Form2 I need to insert the field "telephone" that is not in the Form2.

Is it possible to merge this field from an other form? How can I do?
    Thanks!
    Bye.

Posted 11 years ago on Friday March 1, 2013 | Permalink
  2. David Peralty

No, you would have to move the data from the first form to the second form for it to be included in the e-mail notification. Can you give me more information about what you are doing? If they go right from form 1 to form 2, you could have the confirmation on form 1 redirect to form 2 and include the phone number as a query string value that form 2 could pick up and pre-populate in a hidden field.

Posted 11 years ago on Friday March 1, 2013 | Permalink
  3. wolf123

Hi David,
    ok I try to explain my problem!

I have create 2 Forms! The first form is a registration form that I made with the User Registration Add-On. One of the fields of this form il the User Phone Number.

This registration form is ok!

After I have create the second form that I called Price Configurator.

This form is in a restricted Area and I use s2Member to do this.

Now, when the user go to my price configuration page, s2Member controls if the user is logged or not. If is not logged appears the login form, if the user is not registred, he can do that with the Registration form (made with Gravityform).

So, the access to the Price Configuration form is only for registred users.

When a registred user fills the Price Configuration form and sends it, the form sends a notification to the admin via email!

In the notification email I put the Merge Tag {all_fields}. I need in this email also the field User Phone Number that the user filled in the Registration form.

I read the documentation about "Allow field to be populated dynamically" to the page: http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/Allow_field_to_be_populated_dynamically

But I don't understand who can I adapt the general rule to my specific case.

I try to apply the rule that you wrote on the support page: "Passing Data by Shortcode ".

In my form page I insert your code:

[gravityforms id=1 field_values='parameter_name=val&parameter_name2=val']

that I modify like this:

[gravityforms id=2 field_values='tel_user=val']

tel_user is the parameter name that I put in the field User Phone Number in both forms.

In this case I don't know if the code is correct... but I think is wrong!!!

I hope I was more clear than in my first message.
    Have you some documents that I can study or a link to a specific case that I can see?
    Or simply someone can help me please?

Thanks!

Posted 11 years ago on Saturday March 2, 2013 | Permalink
  4. wolf123

Someone has any ideas?
    Thanks!

Posted 11 years ago on Monday March 11, 2013 | Permalink
  5. David Peralty

On your confirmation on your first form you would use Redirect. You would then add the query string to the redirect. The second form can only pick up values in the URL query string. Here is a great forum thread about Query Strings - http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum88/12838.htm

As long as the parameter in the query string is the same as the parameter in the second form field where you want the phone number to go, then Gravity Forms will grab the value and push it into the field you've chosen.

Posted 11 years ago on Monday March 11, 2013 | Permalink