PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Merge Tags & Calculations in HTML Block

1. Kind of 2 Questions in one here:
    I am building a quote engine, and I love the new calculation functionality.

What I require is to be able to extend this functionality so that I can display merge tags / calculations within the HTML Block or elsewhere within the form.

At present, I find it a bit too restrictive only being able to do calculations or use merge tags in the number field.

Furthermore, I want to use the HTML block to provide a summary of user inputted data so that they can check their answers prior to proceeding with the quote.

Just for clarification in case my example didnt make sense... Is it possible to re-use user inputted information elsewhere in the form apart from the Numeric field prior to submission. e.g. within the HTML block.

Has anybody managed to do this?

Posted 11 years ago on Monday July 16, 2012 | Permalink
  2. You can do this but it will be done with JavaScript (jQuery normally) on the front end. I don't know of a way to do that in Gravity Forms without using JavaScript. Or, maybe I don't understand exactly what you're trying to do. Do you have an example of this functionality online somewhere?

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday July 17, 2012 | Permalink
  3. Input 1: 7.3
    Input 2: 3.00

Input 3: Steve

HTML block:
    Dear Steve, 7.3 * 3 = £21.90. Hit back to amend or next to submit form.

Is this possible? Please note, I am not trying to build a shopping cart.

4. Would this work for you?
    http://gravitywiz.com/2012/04/30/simple-pre-submission-confirmation/

5. That looks EXACTLY what I am looking for!

Thank you so much! Let's hope I can implement it without trouble.

Can we add this as a feature request? Would be extremely useful if the HTML Block could be used natively to display dynamic information based upon the information provided within the form.

6. I'll leave it here but tag it as a feature request so we don't lose track of it. Thanks

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday July 18, 2012 | Permalink