PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Merge tags in Post Field

1. Hello all,

I am using GF to create a CPT. In order to make this work the first field in my form is the Post Field "title". The contents of this field become the title of the created CPT.
    The fields in the CPT are all custom fields.
    This works well.

In my form I have a field name and a field surname.
    I want the title of the CPT to be "Name Surname"
    I tried using merge tags like so: {custom_field:name} {custom_field:surname} but this does not work, the post ends up as untitled.
    Some merge tags like {user_agent}{date_mdy}{embed_url} work, others, like {custom_field:[name]} do not work.

Could I make this work and how?

Thank you

test is here: http://www.apecool.com/zaza/subscribe/

Posted 10 years ago on Wednesday May 29, 2013 | Permalink
  2. Hi!

I'm doing something similar on a form of my own that's designed to post class notes for alumni of a college. I made the title field visible only to admin and set the default value to the names of my fields like so:

{Name:29}{Academy Class Year:32:value}{Women\'s College Class Year:30:value}{Online College Class Year:33:value}{Evening/Weekend College Class Year:31:value}

I have ':value' set because those fields are dropdowns where the user sees the year, but it outputs ', WC'06' for Women's College 2006.

The result a custom post with a title like "Jane Doe, A '02, WC '02" where name was "Jane Doe", Academy Class Year was 2002 and Women's College Class Year was 2006.

I hope that helps.

Posted 10 years ago on Friday June 21, 2013 | Permalink