PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Migrated site and now forms cannot be located

1. I migrated my site from my local to my host using backupbuddy and the hosted site cannot find the forms. I have tried the Meta recovery tool and it cannot recover the files. I have tried to design new and they do not work either. Have tried deactivating all other plugins - no good. Have reinstalled site with BUB - no good. Have tried moving database elements via myPHPadmin - no good. HELP!

Posted 12 years ago on Saturday November 19, 2011 | Permalink
  2. Ignoring the fact that you can't use any of your old forms: you cannot create a new form either? What happens when you try to create a simple form?

Posted 12 years ago on Sunday November 20, 2011 | Permalink
  3. Thanks for the suggestion. Same result.

4. If you cannot create a simple form, there is some issue with your installation or the server you are on. What is your experience when you try to create a new form? What happens?

5. When creating a new form all goes well until I try to display the form. Then I get the Opps, can't find form message. Is there a way to remove all traces of the plugin install and start fresh. Have tried deactivating, deleting and reinstalling but some files must remain resident because it starts out with my old settings.

Posted 12 years ago on Monday November 21, 2011 | Permalink
  6. If you migrated the site from one server to another, the issue is going to be the database tables related to your Gravity Forms form meta data.

What did you use to migrate the database? Did you use PHPMyAdmin to export and import the SQL? If so some tools, PHPMyAdmin included, do not handle serialized array data properly. This means when you use PHPMyAdmin to export and import Gravity Forms form meta data... it corrupts the serialized data that makes up the form settings information.

What you can try is the Meta Recovery tool. It is available for download on the Plugin Downloads page here:

http://www.gravityhelp.com/downloads/

Download, install and activate that plugin. It will add a Meta Recovery menu item to the Forms navigation. Go there, and then use it to try and fix each of your forms.

Let me know how it goes.

If you are not worried about doing this and would rather start from scratch, simply go to the Gravity Forms Settings page (Forms > Settings) and then choose the Uninstall option at the bottom of that page. This will completely remove Gravity Forms data from your site.

Once you Uninstall, then go to the Plugins page and Activate Gravity Forms again. It will then re-build it's database tables.

Posted 12 years ago on Monday November 21, 2011 | Permalink