PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Missing CSS Formatting

1. trazor

I think this is probably something very simple...I have a custom theme that I've been building and I decided to use Gravity Forms. The plugin worked great for me right up until I went to display the form on a page. The form showed up, but all formatting was missing. I checked all through settings and made sure that I had "Output CSS" to true. Still nothing. I also noticed that when I set my field alignment in the form settings, nothing changes on the form page.

Any thoughts on why this would be?

Are there certain WP dependencies that I need to include in my custom theme? Perhaps I'm missing something.

Thanks for any input.

Posted 14 years ago on Thursday April 15, 2010 | Permalink
  2. trazor

This isn't a huge deal since I just wrote custom css to handle it. To sum up the question, I was just wondering if the plugin was suppose to apply formatting similar to what is seen in the admin area. Thoughts?

Even without that formatting, this is a very flexible plugin. Kudos to the development team.

3. Do you have the wp_head call in your theme header? That might explain why the CSS isn't being called.

Also, if you've used the php function to embed the form rather than the shortcode in the editor, you'll have to manually enqueue the scripts.

http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/embedding-a-form/

If you're still having problems, you can send us a login/password to your admin via the contact form and we'll be happy to take a look at it.

4. trazor

Kevin, thanks for the 411. It was my call to the wp_head function. Thanks again.

5. Awesome. I'm happy I could help. Let us know if you need anything else.

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.