PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Modal Windows, Send to PDF after filling form, Regional Emails

1. KraftyOne

Hello - we need the three features in the subject for the site I'm working on now.

1) Modal windows: Can we have a link that open the form in a modal/lightbox window?

2) Send to PDF - after they fill out the form, can we send them to a PDF? So, basically, in order to get the PDF, they need to fill out the form?

3) We want to have different links for different states/regions. If there is a representative in their state or region, then the correct form would be shown (preferably in a modal window). I was thinking about using it in conjunction with a map like this: http://winstonwolf.pl/clickable-maps/united-states.html

Hopefully that is clear. The current contact page is here, but we are re-doing the whole site in Wordpress and looking for a more elegant contact setup:

http://toolsforbending.com/contact.asp

Thanks!

Posted 12 years ago on Friday October 21, 2011 | Permalink
  2. 1) yes, you can open a form in a modal window.

2) after form submission, yes, you can direct them to download a PDF. Email attachments are not sent by Gravity Forms, but you can certainly show them a success page or send them a confirmation with a link to the PDF they can download. You can use expiring links from Amazon, if you like, to prevent sharing of the links.

3) sounds like you will have one form, then pre-populate the proper state/region, with a link to the form. Something like http://example.com/form-page/?state=illinois and clicking that link would open the form, in a modal window, and with Illinois selected, with whatever that means (maybe routing to the Illinois representative.) Yes, you can do this. I'm not sure how the integration with the map would work. If you can configure where the clicks on the map send people, then you can use this.

4) perfectly clear. Sounds like you know just what you want, and I believe Gravity Forms will work well for you.

5) I'll be happy to see one more site moved from asp to WordPress.

Please purchase and let us know what you need help with once you get going. Thank you.

Posted 12 years ago on Friday October 21, 2011 | Permalink
  3. KraftyOne

Alright...I've played with this for a while now...trying to get the form to open in a modal/lightbox window.

http://toolsforbending.info/contact-us/

I am using Lightbox Plus for the lightbox plugin.

The code for the lightbox is:

<a class="lbp-inline-link-1" href="#">Germany Form</a>
    <div style="display:none">
        <div id="lbp-inline-link-1" style="padding: 10px;background: #fff">
           [gravityform id=1 name=GermanyContact ajax=true]
        </div>
    </div>

I haven't even started trying to integrate it with the map yet...that will be the next step.

To maybe skip a step...the map code looks like this (I cut it down to just a few countries for illustrative purposes, the actual code lists all the countries):

<div id="map-eu">
      <ul id="europe">
        <li id="eu1"><a href="#albania">Albania</a></li>
        <li id="eu15"><a href="#georgia">Georgia</a></li>
        <li id="eu16"><a href="#germany">Germany</a></li>
        <li id="eu47"><a href="#united-kingdom">United Kingdom</a></li>
      </ul>
     </div>
    Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday October 26, 2011 | Permalink
  4. I'm going to move this to a regular support forum thread since it's no longer pre-purchase, and we prefer to handle all support in the support forum rather than pre-purchase.

Thanks

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday October 27, 2011 | Permalink
  5. KraftyOne

Okay...no problem on moving it. Any ETA on a solution? :-)

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday October 27, 2011 | Permalink
  6. KraftyOne

Hi - my pre-sales question was answered in less than an hour. I asked this question (after purchasing the developers license) nearly 2 days ago. I really need a solution to this issue.

Thank you.

Posted 12 years ago on Friday October 28, 2011 | Permalink
  7. I'm not 100% sure what you are asking. Gravity Forms doesn't have lightbox functionality built in. So any lightbox implementation is considered a customization.

We'd be glad to point you in the right direction and take a quick look but ultimately this is a custom implementation so we can't write the code for you or walk you through how to do it all.

I am not familiar with the Lightbox Plus plugin, there are a lot of lightbox solutions out there. There is a tutorial on how to use Gravity Forms with Fancybox here:

http://www.gravityhelp.com/creating-a-modal-form-with-gravity-forms-and-fancybox/

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday November 1, 2011 | Permalink
  8. KraftyOne

Thank you for getting back to me. As you can see in that thread, it started as a pre-sales question. I was assured that it was possible and that I would have assistance, which lead to my purchase decision. I've read that tutorial...it is contradictory and outdated. It says you have to create pages and iFrames and then says "wait, we had an update, so you should be able to use inline content", but then doesn't actually go on to show how.

I'd much prefer to use an inline content approach as I'm going to have a lot of forms (the whole reason we purchased Gravity Forms) and creating a separate page for each will be very time consuming.

Since there a lot of people in your forums asking about modal/lightbox windows, I would think this would be a good reason to put an updated tutorial up. It also ought to be a feature of upcoming versions to have this built in to the plugin.

I don't care which lightbox/fancybox/modal plugin I use...I just need one that will work. Any direction/instruction would be helpful.

Thank you.

Adam

9. If you enable AJAX when displaying the form, any inline lightbox script should work. All you should have to do is output the form where the content of the lightbox is going to be. If you use the shortcode and it's executed where it can properly enqueue scripts then that is all you should have to do.

If you have it implemented in such a way that the shortcode can't enqueue the necessary scripts and CSS then you will need to manually enqueue the necessary scripts.

In order to assist you with this implementation we would need more details. I have absolutely zero knowledge of the Lightbox Plus plugin. I see your page and when I click on the Germany Form I don't see any lightbox appear.

I would suggest first getting the lightbox working properly without the form. Then insert the form shortcode if you are executing this within post content. Right now I don't even see the lightbox appear which tells me something is wrong with the Lightbox Plus plugin or your implementation.