PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Multi-tiered select menu with "other" option. Possible?

1. I've heard great things about Gravity Forms and I know my client will love it. Before purchasing I need to check something's possible though.

If you'd be so kind as to look at this form: http://www.appealshading.com/contact/brochure-request/ (currently a custom form which I want to port to GF).

Near the bottom there's a "How did you hear about us" dropdown. Choosing an item from this menu causes a secondary menu to appear with the child options within. If the user selects "Other" in the child form, it causes a textbox to appear underneath to specify the referrer.

Is this all possible using Gravity Forms? I can code so if a bit of custom hacking is necessary (maybe with some guidance from those who know the API) I'm not too bothered.

My main concern is the validation of the menu, e.g. making sure a selection is made in both menus, and making sure the "Other" box is filled in when applicable.

Any answers would be much appreciated. If the answer is "yes" then you can have my money :-)

Sam

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday March 20, 2012 | Permalink
  2. Richard Vav
    Administrator

Sure, Gravity Forms will do what you want.

You would add a couple of drop downs and a text field for your other option then use conditional logic to hide them until the 'correct' option in selected. You can even set them as required so the form will fail validation will fail until they make a selection and/or enter something in the 'other' text field.

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday March 21, 2012 | Permalink