PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Multipage checked checkboxes value submitted

1. Hi.
    I have multipage form that uses conditional logic. On each page of the form I have some checkboxes where a few of them are checked as a default. The user will only need to go to the specific pages based on the conditional logic selected on the first page. The problem is, that the values of all the checked checkboxes from all the pages is submitted, even those pages that the user does not see or pass through.
    To me it would make more sense that only input data selected by the user should be saved and not any input data on pages that user does not pass through.
    Is there a way for me to fix this? Is there a way to uncheck checkboxes on pages the user does not pass through before data submission?
    Thanks
    Vayu

Posted 11 years ago on Friday June 15, 2012 | Permalink
  2. David Peralty

You could clear the default selected check boxes to fix this issue, couldn't you? Let me know why this solution isn't to your liking. Gravity Forms is acting as it has been designed to.

Posted 11 years ago on Saturday June 16, 2012 | Permalink
  3. Hi David.
    It needs to be set checked/selected as a default if the user goes to those pages. But if the user does not go to the page, then this data is completely irrelevant.
    Maybe it's because I am not explaining the case good enough.
    I have a multipage form with 11 pages breaks. On the first page, the user must select from a checkbox which of those 11 pages he/she wants to go to and fill out input data. In other words, the user passes only those pages chosen, based upon the conditional logic from the first page.
    On all pages I need checkbox input fields where some are selected by default. On all those pages the user chooses not see, the data is irrelevant and should not be submitted.
    To me this seems like the appropriate behavior and not the way it is now. :-)

It's a bit difficult to explain, but I hope it makes sense. :-)

Posted 11 years ago on Saturday June 16, 2012 | Permalink
  4. David Peralty

It does make sense, but any default value will be passed to the lead when the user submits the form and there is no way to tell the difference between the user wanting those check boxes or them still just being on "default". Even if they are hidden due to conditional logic.

Posted 11 years ago on Sunday June 17, 2012 | Permalink
  5. Hi David.
    That's a shame. It's relative important feature. I would be willing to pay you guys to find a fix for this issue. :-)

PS. I always subscribe to the my topics via email here in this forum, but I only receive a notification from the first post. Subsequent posts I never receive notifications on.

Posted 11 years ago on Monday June 18, 2012 | Permalink
  6. David Peralty

We have a Job Board for developers to pick up opportunities. We don't currently take paid work, as we are all focused on improving Gravity Forms. For most people, they want the default selected fields to always be included in their lead which is why they select them by default.

As for the notifications, the forum software is a little strange. This is something we are looking to replace in the near future.

Posted 11 years ago on Monday June 18, 2012 | Permalink
  7. Hi David.
    I am guessing this is the Job Board info I need: http://www.gravityhelp.com/forums/topic/how-the-job-board-works
    I would agree that most people would default selected input data be submitted on input forms viewable to the user. However, in cases where it is hidden by conditional logic it does not seem logical to me. Maybe it's just me. :-)

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday June 19, 2012 | Permalink
  8. David Peralty

JavaScript hides the elements, and as such, form values aren't really changed. They still exist, just hidden from users.

You would want to post in http://www.gravityhelp.com/forums/forum/job-board for your requirements.

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday June 19, 2012 | Permalink
  9. Thank you David. :-)

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday June 20, 2012 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.