PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Multipage form - supplemental content

1. frey1esm

I have a multipage form and wish to add supplement "help" content that changes with each page in the form. Is this possible using AJAX or do I need to turn Ajax off?

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday July 12, 2011 | Permalink
  2. If you want "help" content you can add an HTML field to your form and place the "help" content in that HTML field. An HTML field isn't a form field but a container where you can place any HTML or text and then position it anywhere in your form.

So if you want to display help text on each page, add an HTML field to each page of your form and place the content you want to display in that HTML field.

AJAX doesn't matter as far as this goes. MOST situations do not require AJAX. People tend to always turn AJAX on but it really only needs to be used in certain situations where a page refresh isn't ideal.

3. frey1esm

Excellent. Thanks, Carl, for the fast response!

4. frey1esm

Carl,
    I am trying to use JavaScript in the HTML field to change the text in DIVS on the outer page. The problem is that all the JavaScript in each of the HTML pages is executing when a new form page is rendered, regardless of which page you're on.

How do I prevent the JavaScript on the individual form pages OTHER than the page you're on from executing?

Posted 12 years ago on Monday July 18, 2011 | Permalink
  5. frey1esm

Solved. I'm grabbing the display property of each page. If the display != "none" I know I'm on that page and thus can change the text for that page.

Posted 12 years ago on Monday July 18, 2011 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.