PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Multiple payment options with PayPal and Notifications

1. Hi everyone,
    I have got a question in regards to the PayPal Add on. Hopefully, any one who has similar experience can provide a little bit of help.
    I have got a form where I will need to provide multiple payment options to my users including:
    1) PayPal.
    2) Direct Debit.
    3) Check

If the users have selected PayPal, they will go through PayPal and complete the payment with receiving a notification later. This part is fine.
    If the users have selected other option, they will obtain the payment information and pay later. In this case, according to setting in PayPal payment, they will not receive a notification. My question is, is there anyway, we can go back into the entries management and send the user an notification with the detail they have submitted as a digital receipt.

Any idea?

Thanks so much for the help.

Hody

Posted 12 years ago on Friday June 24, 2011 | Permalink
  2. If you have your PayPal settings configured to only send the notification after payment is received BUT the PayPal condition wasn't met and the user wasn't sent to PayPal because the condition wasn't met... it should send the notification immediately.

Currently there is no way to resend notifications from the Entry Detail but it is a feature we plan on adding in the next major feature release.

3. Hi Carl,

Thanks for your reply. Is there any indication on when the next major feature update will come?
    Cheers

H

4. We don't have a timeline for the next major release yet. We are still in the process of collecting requirements for it.

5. In that case, if I am to create an custom add-on which may provide this "send notification" function in the backend, where should I look and can you provide some clue? I would love to get this happening!

Cheers

Hody

Posted 12 years ago on Saturday June 25, 2011 | Permalink
  6. There are two steps you need to take in order to pull this off:
    1- You need to create the "Resend Notification" button/link.
    a- You can add it to the entry list as one of the action links. Following is the hook you need to use to do that: http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/Gform_entries_first_column_actions
    b- You can add it to the entry detail page in the Info box. Use the following hook: http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/Gform_entry_info

2- Your button will need to link to a page that is handled by your Add-on and that page can use the following code to send the notification emails.

$entry_id = $_GET["entry_id"]; //assuming entry_id will be passed in the query string
    $entry = RGFormsModel::get_lead($entry_id);
    $form = RGFormsModel::get_form_meta($entry["form_id"]);
    self::send_emails($form, $lead);
    Posted 12 years ago on Saturday June 25, 2011 | Permalink
  7. Splendid! I will have a look. Thanks so much for the help!!

Posted 12 years ago on Monday June 27, 2011 | Permalink
  8. Hi Alex,

Thanks for the code, we were successfully implemented the resend function! It is great. My next question will be if there is any way we can have different notification email for assigned to different payment method selected. If it is possible, which code should we look into to implement this function?

Cheers

Hody

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday July 21, 2011 | Permalink
  9. In order to do a different notification email for different payment method selected you would have to do that completely custom right now. The Notifications don't support conditionals right now. Although it is a feature we plan on adding. We will be creating an Advanced Notification Add-On and will also be introducing the ability to do conditionals within the standard Notifications in v1.7.

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday July 21, 2011 | Permalink
  10. Hi Carl,

Thanks for the feedback. Alternatively, I have turned off the user notification and hoping my resend button will work and it turns out no.
    Is there a way by not waiting until v1.7 (now it is v1.5!) and I can disable the notification, but still send out notification using my resend button, which is built according to Alex's code snippet?

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday July 26, 2011 | Permalink
  11. @Hody If the User Notification is turned off then his resend button isn't going to work. The User Notification has to be turned On in order for a User Notification to be sent. If it's not active, it can't be sent. You'd have to turn User Notifications on and configure them and then Alex's resend notification button will work.

Gravity Forms v1.6 (not v1.7) will have Resend Notification capabilities. That development is actually already done and being tested. However, you will only be able to Resend Notifications that are configured and turned on for that form. If a form only has an Admin Notification, then you can't resend a User Notification for the form because it isn't turned on.

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday July 26, 2011 | Permalink