PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Multiple quizzes per site

1. Stephen

I have a quiz on one site which has a lot of code on the functions page to of my template to make sure it's working as it should - I think this is from the leadership quiz mentioned a lot when people ask about quizzes using gravity forms...

I'm just wondering - and I'm not very technically able - but would it be possible to set up a quiz (multiple choice / radio buttons / etc) and have a few hidden fields on each quiz with the total score (now that there is a calculation option) and a list of descriptions.

for example:

Calculation: 5 correct answers, call message from correct band 1 - 6. 7 correct answers, call message from correct band 7 - 12. 15 correct answers, call message from band 13 - 20.

and that way you could have a number of different quizzes on your site with little or no hacking of the functions page?

hope that makes sense...

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday September 4, 2012 | Permalink
  2. You can do that. We'd need a little more detail to be able to help you with that, but it's possible to make the function sufficiently generic so that it works like this. You could even send the answer key in the entry, in a hidden field, and use that for scoring, to keep the functions.php the same no matter what form you were working with.

Give it a shot and let us know where you get stuck.

p.s. I wrote that form/function before calculations were added to Gravity Forms :-)

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday September 5, 2012 | Permalink