PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Multiple registration forms

1. Hi I'm wondering if the User Registration AddOn will solve my problem.

I have a buddypress site with two different types of users, peoples and companies and I would like to have two different registration forms with different set of fields for these two user types. The relevant fields also need to be show on the users buddypress member profile.

How would that work with the User Registration AddOn? The ultimate solution for me would be a multiple select box drop down, depending of what user type is chosen, a relevant registration form would show up below.

Cheers, Tee

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday January 8, 2013 | Permalink
  2. This does not sound like anything out of the ordinary that can't be handled by the User Registration add-on. You can create one form for companies and one for people, with the relevant fields, or you can use conditional logic with a question "are you registering as a user or a company" and then based on the answer to that question, show the appropriate fields with conditional logic. You would have one form at that point. You will still need two registration feeds though, with the condition based on the answer to their question about company or individual registration.

Displaying the information on the BuddyPress member profile page is a function of BuddyPress and the theme you are using. Gravity Forms will collect the data and you can map it to the proper BuddyPress profile fields, but actually displaying it is up to you.

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday January 8, 2013 | Permalink
  3. Hi There,

Thanks, I did as suggested and it works quite well.

The only challange I have is that although I matched First name and Second name correctly the First name field remains free and the second name field contains whatever I link to "Display Name".

Any suggestion? Thanks and have a nice WE.

Posted 11 years ago on Friday January 11, 2013 | Permalink
  4. I'm sorry: I don't follow what you mean. Can you share the link to your form and then explain where you were doing the 'matching'? Thank you.

Posted 11 years ago on Friday January 11, 2013 | Permalink
  5. In the User Registration settings I set {first name} {second name} as the Display Name. But on the Profile and everywhere else I still see the username.

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday January 23, 2013 | Permalink
  6. Another question: Is there away to upload a picture with Gravity Forms and use it as the avatar image?

Thanks

7. The user profile does not store an avatar image by default. Are you using some sort of plugin to display user avatars? Normally the avatar is tied to the email address they registered with, using a service like Gravatar.

Regarding the Display Name being a combination of the {first name} {last name} that has not been my experience. I just tested this again. Can you let us know what version of WordPress, Gravity Forms and the User Registration add-on you are using? If you are using BuddyPress, let us know the version of that plugin as well. Also, please provide a link to the site so we can register and see what happens.

If it's not working correctly for you, it could be due to a plugin or theme conflict. Please test for those by using these instructions http://rkt.gs/testing