PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Multiple Subscriber Lists - Campaign Monitor

1. jkid101

Howdy

Could anyone let me know if GF allows subscribers to be sent to multiple subscriber lists in Campaign Monitor.

I'd like to add 4 checkboxes allowing users to select which mailing list they'd like to subscribe to.

Thanks in advance

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday May 19, 2011 | Permalink
  2. Yes, add multiple Campaign Monitor Feeds. One for each list and configure the Conditional so that it only happens if the user selects the specific checkmark that corresponds to that list.

3. jkid101

Great - one more quick question - would the form plugin accept multiple recipeients from a select box drop down?

i.e:

Joe = joe@joe.com
    Fred = fred@fred.com

4. Multiple recipients to add to the Mailing List? Currently no, it only adds one subscriber per Campaign Monitor Feed because it pulls from one Email field that you select. So one Feed won't add multiple recipients. From a spam perspective this is bad anyway, other people shouldn't be adding subscribers to your list... this is how you will get in trouble for spamming. Only that individual should be choosing to add themselves to your mailing list and they shouldn't be adding other people.

5. jkid101

Sorry - shoulda explained - it's not campaign monitor specific. This is just a gerneral form thing - (didn't think a new topic was required)

6. Multiple recipients for what? Notifications? Currently Notifications are only designed to go to one recipient. But you can use the BCC field to add an additional recipient using the form field merge codes which you can get using the "Insert form field" drop down on the Message body for Notifications. This inserts the merge code which you can then copy-n-paste into the BCC field.

7. jkid101

Hi Carl

Here's the scenario (please bear in mind this has nothing to do with my original CM enquiry - that's sorted)

I have a client who has 5 restaurants. They need a table booking form, where the user selects which restaurant they want to book a table for. Upon selecting a restaurant, the form will only deliver an email to that restaurant and not the other 4.

I've done this at the moment via cformsII and one of the reasons I'm looking for something better is down to the support available.

Many thanks for taking the time to respond to these queries.

Posted 12 years ago on Friday May 20, 2011 | Permalink
  8. To do this you could use the Routing feature of the Admin Notification Send To field. It allows you to send the notification to an email address based on a selection made in the form. It's an option on the Send To address for the Admin Notification. It uses selection fields (drop down, radio button, multiple choice fields) to let you set which email address the Admin Notification should be sent to based on the selection made in a field on your form.

9. jkid101

Excellent - many thanks