PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Name and email sent as notification

1. I just had a client as why they can't have:

Your Name <yourname@email.com>

in the from field? They think (and I agree) that a user seeing the email coming with a proper name is a more professional presentation of the email. Currently you can only put an email in the field and then the user sees the email as from the email address with no name attached.

Have I missed this feature? Did I miss a forum post on how to do this?

If it's not possible this should be a feature.

Posted 13 years ago on Friday July 23, 2010 | Permalink
  2. Currently it is not possible, but we will look at making it a feature in a future release. We need to look at the best way to implement this as it requires changes to the Notification admin UI as you would not only have to opt to specify a From Name but you would also have to select which Field the From Name should be populated with since forms are dynamic and a form could have multiple Name fields on it. But we will add it to our list for a future release.

Posted 13 years ago on Friday July 23, 2010 | Permalink
  3. globallweb

Hi,

I find this option a must, and was very surprised that it has not been implemented yet.

Is it in your plans for a future release? Is it in the actual beta version?

All I need is to have a "Client's Name <client@email.com>" when I receive my emails.

Really appreciate if somebody can help with this.

Posted 13 years ago on Friday February 11, 2011 | Permalink
  4. This is a feature of the 1.5 development release that is available on the Downloads page. You can select a Name field to be used as the From Name.

Posted 13 years ago on Friday February 11, 2011 | Permalink
  5. globallweb

Thanks for the update Carl.

Is this available on the 1.5 RC4 version and is it "stable" enough for normal use?

Thank you

Posted 13 years ago on Saturday February 12, 2011 | Permalink
  6. Hi Globalweb, yes the "From Name" feature is available in 1.5RC4 and yes it is considered a stable release. Have fun! :)

Posted 13 years ago on Saturday February 12, 2011 | Permalink
  7. Where is this option found? I only still see the From Email option.

Posted 13 years ago on Saturday February 26, 2011 | Permalink
  8. @chadlypow The option is in the development release of Gravity Forms v1.5. It isn't in the currently public release of v1.4.5.

Posted 13 years ago on Sunday February 27, 2011 | Permalink