PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Need to update buddypress and user details when updating gravity form entry

1. I have a member site that uses the gravity forms and the user registrtaion module to create a new wordpress user with buddypress custom fields. But now I need a way where I can:

(a) When the admin changes data in the entires section of gravity forms, it gets reflected in the wordpress buddypress profile data.

(2) When a member updates his buddypress profile data, it updates the respective gravity forms entry.

I'd obviously rather not do custom coding, but if that's the ONLY way, I'm game, but would appreciate an outline. And if there's a better way to accomplish this, or even other tools, please make any suggestions.

Thanks!

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday January 3, 2013 | Permalink
  2. For a) you will need to write a function to update the user. You can use the gform_after_update_entry hook to update the user:

http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/Gform_after_update_entry

For 2), I don't know of a way to do this other than going direct to the database. You will have to hook your code to some action that runs after a BuddyPress profile is saved. I believe the hook is xprofile_data_after_save. You would hook your custom code to that action, and have to find the correct entry and update the correct fields.

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday January 3, 2013 | Permalink