PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

New Install, Address Advance Field spacing off in form

1. Hello, I have installed a basic form and use the Address field found under Advanced Fields. When you view the form, it shows the fields, but the spacing is so great that the Zip / Postal code looks like it's the City field. Looks like this:

City
    [entry field]

Zip / Postal Code

The site and page I'm working on is
    westmichiganrealestate.org/hello-world/

I just purchased this software a few days ago and can't seem to got this up and running. The theme is the default Wordpress 2010 theme.

Thanks!

Posted 12 years ago on Sunday September 18, 2011 | Permalink
  2. Please post a link to your site and we'll be glad to help you out.

3. Hi Chris,

The link is in the last post, but here it is again:
    westmichiganrealestate.org/hello-world/

Thanks!

4. The display problem is caused by your theme. It applies a blanket 24px bottom margin to all input and select elements. This is causing the odd spacing on the sub-labels.

You can add this to the end of your theme's stylesheet and it should override the default styling.

[css]
    div.entry-content .gform_wrapper form div.gform_body ul.gform_fields input,
    div.entry-content .gform_wrapper form div.gform_body ul.gform_fields select {
        margin-bottom: 0
    }

screenshot: http://bit.ly/nfARwN

5. You are the man Kevin! Thanks for the fast response!

By the way, how did you figure this out so fast, was it something like firebug (firefox plugin?)

6. Thanks, I'm happy to help. Yep, Firebug is my go-to dev tool. It saves me tons of time and guesswork. I've done this long enough to usually know what it is before-hand, but can confirm and test for solutions with Firebug.

7. Great - Thanks again!

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.