PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

New upgrade causing all forms to duplicate!

1. After upgrading to the latest version (1.3.8) all of our forms are now being duplicated. Nothing has changed except for the Gravity Forms upgrade to the latest version.

Our visitors are calling and confused. Any idea on why this is happening?

Example:
    http://www.plexusslim.com/free-sample/
    http://www.plexusslim.com/60-day-guarantee/

Posted 14 years ago on Wednesday December 30, 2009 | Permalink
  2. Thats a new one, haven't encountered this before. Can you hook me up with a WordPress login for this site via our Contact Us form? I can take a look and see if I can determine what is going on.

3. Do this, try downloading the plugin from the Downloads page and installing it manually. WordPress may have screwed up the upgrade process (it's a built in WordPress process). Try FTP'ing the files to the server instead and install it manually.

If it still produces duplicate forms then get in touch with me via the Contact Us form with a WordPress login for this site and I can take a look.

4. If I install it this way will all of my forms be saved or will I have to create them again?

5. By FTPing in and overwriting the existing plugin files you will not lose any data. This just replaces the files on the server (which control outputting the form). Your form data will still be in your database.

6. So I should:

#1. Deactivate the current plug-in
    #2. FTP the plugin over the old files.
    #3. Activate the plug-in.

Right?

7. Correct.

Deactivating the plugin from the Installed Plugins screen won't delete the data. Data is only deleted by running the uninstall on the Gravity Forms Settings page... so don't do that.

Deactivate the plugin and then FTP the files and overwrite the existing plugin files.

Let me know how it goes.

8. Carl,

It didn't work. Just sent a support request with an temp admin account for you.

9. Turns out there was a conflict with the "Meebo for sites" plug-in. Thanks for your help Carl!

10. The Meebo bar plugin appears to be messing with the Javascript on the page. In local testing it caused issues with numerous javascript related features I had on my test site. Looks like they have some code that is haywire...