PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Next Button Has Stopped Working On Long Form

1. Hi,

I have built a rather long 15 page form... Everything was fine for the first few pages, but now the next buttons have stopped responding, so I can't get past the first page.

Is there a limit on the number of pages I'm not aware of? Please advise.

Here is a link: http://www.clproduce.com/?page_id=99

I am happy to provide login to help troubleshoot this issue. I've tried everything I can think of.

Thanks in advance,

Micah L. Guller

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday August 21, 2012 | Permalink
  2. There is no page limit. With a complicated form like that, you might want to try a new browser, completely fresh, to ensure there is no cached JavaScript or anything like that.

Also, try the form in the form preview, from the form builder, and see if you have the same trouble.

The first troubleshooting step should always be to test for theme and plugin conflicts, although this was working for you before, and you didn't mention any other changes. Upgrading plugins or WordPress can cause things like this to crop up as well. http://rkt.gs/testing

3. Hey Chris,

There are currently no other plugins installed and I just checked to see if using TwentyTen would clear it up, but no luck. Also, the site is hosted on HostGator, so I'm pretty sure we're okay as far as servers go...

Are there any limitations or restrictions on the kind of text characters that can be used for field labels and/or admin labels?

Please advise as to the next step for support.

Thank you!

4. I think the problem is with the Themeforest theme. There is extra markup being added to your page, and it's interfering with the JavaScript. See this snippet from the source: http://minus.com/lrX3nI6XS1DZ3

The red highlighted </ p > tags and all the < br /> tags should not be there. That's not coming from Gravity Forms.

Themeforest themes typically include a [raw] shortcode and it interferes with the processing of all shortcodes. That messes up the output from the Gravity Forms shortcode. The quick and easy fix is usually to wrap the gravityform shortcode in the raw shortcode, like this:

[raw][gravityform id="4" name="Form Name" title="false" description="false"][/raw]

That will work around the problem usually. However, if you're not using the shortcode at all, it's best to remove it from the theme completely to prevent problems like this from occurring.

You can read about previous experiences with the [raw] shortcode here:
    http://www.gravityhelp.com/forums/tags/raw

Let us know if that helps.

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday August 22, 2012 | Permalink
  5. Hey Chris,

Thanks for the reply, but no luck. I used the [raw] ... [/raw] shortcode but it doesn't do anything, just shows the [raw] tags before and after the form.

Further, I didn't have this problem on the other earlier versions of the form, one of which you can see here: http://www.clproduce.com/?page_id=89 Working fine as you can see... So, I'm stumped.

6. Your theme may NOT have the [raw] shortcode. It may have a shortcode with similar functionality though. Can you post the theme's entire functions.php please at pastie.org or pastebin.com so we can check?

You have no plugins right now, and this problem exists when using a default theme (twenty ten or twenty eleven)? That's very strange.

This page http://www.clproduce.com/?page_id=89 has the same markup problem I mentioned before (extra tags in the output.) Curious that this page works though.

The only difference I see is that on page 99 you embedded the form without AJAX, but on page 89 (where it works) it was embedded WITH AJAX. Try making them the same and see if you have the same working/not working results.

7. Hey Chris,

re: AJAX, tried that already...

as for [raw] shortcode, I did find it in the theme in at least 2 files, but not sure about deleting it, especially as the shorter form is working on the 2nd link I sent you.

Here's the link you requested http://pastie.org/4570612

Again, if it makes it easier, I will gladly make an account in WP for you.

Thanks for you help - I appreciate it!

8. Please do send me a WordPress administrator login for the site. It seems like one of the troubleshooting tips I provided should have resolved this by now. Please send the login to chris@rocketgenius.com - thank you.

9. Login details sent. Thanks Chris.

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday August 23, 2012 | Permalink
  10. I will take a look at this for you on Friday. Thanks for the email.

Posted 11 years ago on Friday August 24, 2012 | Permalink
  11. Hey Chris,

Hope you had a good weekend, any luck? Please reply by email as updates here (even though I'm clicking subscribe by email) are not coming to me.

Posted 11 years ago on Monday August 27, 2012 | Permalink
  12. I just sent you an email. Please respond to let me know you received it.

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday August 28, 2012 | Permalink
  13. Hey Chris, just checking in. I did respond to your email with the theme attached. Please confirm you received it and this message as well. Still not sure why I don't get email updates from this thread...

Posted 11 years ago on Friday August 31, 2012 | Permalink
  14. The "subscribe to topic" function in bbPress is flaky sometimes. Sorry about that. I have your email and your theme and I am looking into it now.

Posted 11 years ago on Friday August 31, 2012 | Permalink
  15. Is this still an issue? If so, try downloading and installing our latest release of Gravity Forms (1.6.7) as it solves a similar issue. If the problem still persists let me know and I will take a closer look.

Posted 11 years ago on Monday September 10, 2012 | Permalink
  16. Hi Alex,

Yes, still an issue. I'd already updated to 1.6.7 and no luck. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. I have to speak with my client tomorrow and I'm not looking forward to telling him that I may have to start over with another solution...

Thanks.

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday September 11, 2012 | Permalink
  17. If you can send me an admin WP login as well as an FTP login to alex@rocketgenius.com, I will be glad to take a closer look.

18. Thanks Alex. Sending now. Also FYI, this forum is not working properly... at least not for me. I never get the emails that you guys have responded...

19. Hi, I am having the same problem as well! Was there a fix for this?

Posted 11 years ago on Saturday October 6, 2012 | Permalink
  20. @Paul, please begin a new topic for your issue as we will need to troubleshoot it separately. Please include a description of your problem, when it started, what versions of the software you are running and include a link to the page where the form exhibits the problem. Thank you.

Posted 11 years ago on Monday October 8, 2012 | Permalink