PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

No automatic email notifications

1. topher1kenobe

I have a pretty simple form that isn't automatically sending email notifications. I have them set up to email the form owner and submitter.

We can go into a submission and press the button to re-send and that works just fine, so I know it CAN send email.

Where can I look to fix it?

Posted 11 years ago on Friday February 22, 2013 | Permalink
  2. This link should help you out:

http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/Troubleshooting_Notifications

3. topher1kenobe

I've done those things now and there's no change in what's happening.

4. topher1kenobe

Hey guys, any more help on this?

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday February 26, 2013 | Permalink
  5. David Peralty

What we have listed in that documentation link is the summation of our ability to support the notifications issue. If you have installed and configured an SMTP plugin, and you are still having issues, the next step would be to contact your web host to look through server logs to find out what could be causing the issue.

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday February 26, 2013 | Permalink
  6. topher1kenobe

I'm really at a loss here. WordPress sends email just fine. GF even sends email just fine if I go into an entry and click "resend". It's ONLY on initial submit that it doesn't send either the admin notification email or the submitters email.

Does GF keep any kind of log? The server logs aren't showing any errors at all.

Posted 11 years ago on Sunday March 10, 2013 | Permalink
  7. David Peralty

By default, it doesn't as it is WordPress sending the e-mail, not Gravity Forms. But if you send me an e-mail, I can see about sending you our logging plugin. If you are using the latest versions of both WordPress and Gravity Forms, it should be able to do e-mail notification logging. But before I do, did you try an SMTP plugin?

Posted 11 years ago on Monday March 11, 2013 | Permalink