PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

No Email Confirmation

1. mheffner

Hi,
    I have a number of forms added to this site http://www.simginsurance.com/. The forms work well and entries come through fine. The problem we are experiencing is there are no admin notifications being sent when entries come through. When first built 5ish weeks ago we had no problem with any entries coming through on notifications but now there is nothing at all! I have talked with my host, looked through Google Apps information, and performed multiple troubleshooting techniques with no luck, still no notifications. Forms on other sites with the same setup (Google Apps, GoDaddy as host) continue to be just fine.
    Appreciate your help and suggestions.

Thanks,
    Matt

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday July 25, 2012 | Permalink
  2. Reliable email delivery from your web server is surprisingly complex. Can you try using an SMTP plugin like WP Mail SMTP and see if that helps?

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-mail-smtp/

Additional reading:
    http://yoast.com/email-reliability/

What troubleshooting steps did you try so far? Have you tried a different email address for the admin notifications?

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday July 25, 2012 | Permalink
  3. I find that Gravity Forms will NOT send emails to emails on the same domain it is installed on.

I set up a gmail account for the specific purpose of processing gravity forms that then forwards all the email to email account on the same domain as the gravity forms is active on.

This seems to work. BUT it also seems there needs to be formal documentation or work arounds included in Gravity Forms - I came over from wufoo to gravity but was disappointed that this email issue had been chosen not to be flagged.

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday August 1, 2012 | Permalink
  4. Andy, your experience is different than mine, and maybe others. Gravity Forms on my host will send email to addresses from the same domain. This is largely dependent on the server configuration, and there are a million of them out there.

Are email notifications working for you now, or do you need further assistance with that?

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday August 2, 2012 | Permalink
  5. mheffner

Chris,

Thanks for the resources and reading. I was trying to test it all before responding. Unfortunately, still no luck on receiving notifications even with the SMTP plugin in place.

I have tried changing out the admin notification multiple times on the form. I have also changed the admin email for Wordpress and keeping that as the same as on the form. User notification emails are not being sent either. I have not implemented the suggestions that Yoast states in his article yet though those seem to give me hope. As I mentioned all other parts of the forms work very well and I have other websites with the exact same configuration working just fine with GF.

I am going to try doing what Yoast recommends tomorrow. Any other suggestions in the meantime? Would there be any merit in exporting the forms deleting the GF plugin and then reinstalling it?

Thanks for your help. -Matt

Posted 11 years ago on Sunday August 5, 2012 | Permalink
  6. David Peralty

Gravity Forms hooks into Sendmail, and so re-installing it won't change anything regarding how notifications are handled. The only other thing I can think of is to test your anti-spam plugin(s). Try disabling them and filling out your form and see if it works.

Posted 11 years ago on Sunday August 5, 2012 | Permalink
  7. Hello Chris and david i have the same probelem and i am running behind my own tale like a dog finding a solution. I almost testeted every possibility. Question, is your problem solved and if so how?

My problem form
    http://www.harleydenkers.nl/wordpress/?page_id=2

I have a reseller hosting and the problem is on all my domains. The very strange thing is that de mail has to be sent from out of the form to mail@harleydenkers.nl and no mail is comming in. But i also use a notification to the person who filled in the form. When i set his email adres to mail@harriedenkers.nl a copy of the form is comming in to my lokal mailbox. If i sent the forms to external emailadresses everything wordk fine.

Please can somone help me my hoster could also find no solution.

Thanks very much
    Harrie Denkers from holland.

Posted 11 years ago on Friday August 10, 2012 | Permalink
  8. Just some extra informatieon.
    If i put the mail@harleydenkers.nl in the bcc from the notification of the sender i reseve the email in my local emailbox.

The only problem is de notification mail to the admin. Strange or not its also possiible that some is teasing me with voddo i wil have a look in the garden.

Harrie Denkers
    From Holland

9. I have the same problem as AndyDods. If I set up Notification to go to an email NOT on the same domain as the site (i.e. gmail) then it goes through. If the notification email is set up as the same domain (i.e. info@) then it does not go through.

In fact.... if I go in to resend the notification & then put both the gmail & the info@ addresses in the override box, it won't go. The info@domain address is stopping the send.

Ideas??
    Thanks in advance for any help!!
    Suzan
    http://www.pvriders.com

10. This is key:

If the notification email is set up as the same domain (i.e. info@) then it does not go through.

Many hosts treat email of the same domain as local email and never send it off the server. In cases like that, an SMTP plugin will likely resolve the issue, since it does not treat any mail as local. Here are two that other members have had success with:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-mail-smtp/
    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/configure-smtp/

Once you install and configure one of those plugins, please test again and see if email of the same domain is delivered.

11. Hello It seems that i have solved my problem thanks to Chris.
    I allready used the wp-mail-smtp plugin with no results. Afther reading the post from Chris i deactivated the first plugin en installed en activated the -configure-smtp- plugin.
    In the setting page its just smtp server localhost, port 25 en no security. Testmail sended and quickley to the form and burned a candle and yes it works send it to the local email adres en even the copy bcc mail arrives. Everything that worked not works now pfffffff what a releave.

Thanks very much Chris for you help
    Greatings Harrie Denkers
    From Holland

12. Glad you were able to work that out Harrie. How is everyone else doing?

13. I have had this same problem for weeks and I getting worn out and my client is not too happy.
    The hosting is hostrocket and I have tried every single suggestion in these forums and the notifications are not being generated. HR said it is not even reaching the email server.
    They asked for the call to action code, so as soon I get that I will send it to them. I will update when I finally find the solution.

Posted 11 years ago on Saturday August 11, 2012 | Permalink
  14. OK, please do let us know what you find out.

15. Chris I emailed you yesterday, I need the call to action code to give the hosting. The other plugin did not fix the problem.

16. Can you tell me what email address your message came from please? Please refer to this topic. Thank you.

Posted 11 years ago on Monday August 13, 2012 | Permalink
  17. Suzanne

If you guys have the admin notification FROM EMAIL set to use the email field from your form, that's likely what's causing the issue. Try switching back to {admin_email} for that field and see if that doesn't solve the issue for you.

Posted 11 years ago on Friday August 24, 2012 | Permalink
  18. I am very upset. I have been trying to deal with this issue for 6 weeks. The client is mad. We even changed hosting just for this! Nothing is working and I got a brief almost form email back from GF when I just emailed again. The hosting does not know why it is not working and I have spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to fix this.
    Something HAS changed, look at all the complaints about this issue in this forum. The SMTP plugins have not worked.
    Now I realize I better go and check all my clients who I have sold on GF and make sure other clients forms are still working. They are all on the same server.
    I really need a solution, this has been a huge problem.

Posted 11 years ago on Friday August 31, 2012 | Permalink