PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Not all info going into new post

1. Good day!

I set up a new form (see link below) and only used the selections from the Post fields section. As you can see, I used various custom fields to gather the information i need. Once the form is completed, i get an email with all the info in it. It will also set up the new post into drafts on my dashboard. Both are awesome and very siked it worked! The issue i have is that the only information that carries over to the draft post is the "headline" nothing else appears. Also, all the correct info also appears in the 'entries' section of the admin panel.

Thanks and outside of the couple of small issues ive encountered... GF is great! Love it!

http://cofounder.us/createprofile/

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday July 26, 2012 | Permalink
  2. David Peralty

Did you change your theme to show the custom fields you created? If you edit the post, in the custom fields section, does it show the values? I can't see your site currently, I just get a PHP error.

3. I just tried a different theme to see if there was a difference and my theme (as you can see) crashed. I'm heading out for a few minutes and will resolve it when I get back. (sigh)

Sorry :(

4. Gravity Forms will capture the data into custom fields, but it's up to you to decide how to display that data. One way is with a content template for the post body, in the Form Builder. Another way is to ensure your theme's template is set up to display the custom fields you're storing for each post.

5. Just fixed it... all set and working now... ill look into your recommendations...

6. jewel2

"Gravity Forms will capture the data into custom fields, but it's up to you to decide how to display that data. One way is with a content template for the post body, in the Form Builder. Another way is to ensure your theme's template is set up to display the custom fields you're storing for each post. "

Could you please elaborate on this.

Where in the Form Builder is the option to create a "content template"?

Where would I look to ensure that my theme's template is set up to display the custom fields I'm storing for each post?

Additional help is greatly appreciated.

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday August 1, 2012 | Permalink
  7. David Peralty

The content template is a check box in the Post Title and Post Body sections. If you check this check box in the settings for the Post Body, you will get a section that allows you to add other merge tags to the post body. So basically, it takes what is put in other form fields and stuffs it into the post body for you.

8. jewel2

Thanks a lot David. That helps a lot.

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.