PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Notes autoresponder

1. My client would like to predefine the subject (and message) when they update the notes in the WordPress admin.

It's a gardening site and they want to have a bunch of boiler plate text (predefined) then the custom notes text then some more boilerplate.

I've looked at a bunch of hooks (gfrom_notification, gform_pre_submission) that look promising but they don't actually seem to run on the admin side. At least I'm not seeing any changes in the subject and messages that are getting sent.

Here are a few code examples.

add_filter( 'gform_pre_submission_filter', array( $this, 'change' ) );

public function change( $form ){
    		$form['autoResponder']['subject'] = 'custom subject';

return $form;
    	} // change

and

add_filter( 'gform_notification', array( $this, 'change' ), 10, 3 );

public function change( $notification, $form, $entry ){

$notification['message'] = 'custom message';

return $notification;

} // change

Obviously I'm using both inside a Class calling the filter inside the __construct.

Posted 10 years ago on Thursday July 4, 2013 | Permalink
  2. Just thought I'd bump this since it was added during the holidays.

Posted 10 years ago on Wednesday July 10, 2013 | Permalink
  3. Curtis, we sent to the development team for their thoughts. Sorry we did not update this topic with that information.

Posted 10 years ago on Thursday July 11, 2013 | Permalink
  4. It happens, thanks for updating now. I'll wait for an answer.

Posted 10 years ago on Thursday July 11, 2013 | Permalink
  5. David Peralty

You could do something like this example: http://pastie.org/8132836 .

Because we don't have any hooks specific to notes, you could use the gform_admin_pre_render hook ( http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/Gform_admin_pre_render ) to add some JQuery to the page. The JQuery is triggered when the add note button is clicked and takes the user entered text and adds on custom text to it so that the field has all that text before the data is POSTed. It also sets the subject.

Posted 10 years ago on Friday July 12, 2013 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.